Gillian Sanger

When was a time you felt most alive?

• Administrators

This week's questions asks:

When was a time you felt most alive?

I invite you to reflect on a time when you felt alive, whatever that means to you. Where were you? What were you doing? What was this experience like for you?

I think I feel most alive, that is that I am best able to sense the aliveness within me, when I am quiet in nature.  The vibration of the ground, the sea, the wind- all hums within me and I am keenly aware of it in those moments.  For me, feeling alive is most notable in the physical body.

Hope all here are well.

Rachel

• Like 1

Generally, when I am watching the ebb & flow of the ocean tides up in RI along the Narragansett shores, especially watching the Surfers catching many waves...for the changing tides have an enticing way of  possessing you with many Present moments, on purpose & yet, arousing an enticing curiosity without judgements.

As I sit on the Beachwall eating a Take-out Clam Chowda, as we say up in Rhode Island, along with a small order of Stuffed Quahogs the distinct aroma is simply amazing! You would have to be there to fully experience what I am saying! That soothes my mind.IMG_4098.thumb.jpg.5b7048a0207f9ad14c474c53390a4002.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Following up with the nature theme, I feel most alive when I am in the woods, next to a lake, when the only sounds that fill the space are those that arise from nature. Interestingly, I find myself feeling most alive when I am in these spaces alone (that is, with no human company) - when it is just me and the animals, the plants, and the elements. 

Writing this reminds me of a poem I love by Mary Oliver, from her book Swan: Poems and Prose Poems. See below:

IMG_4703.JPG