Gillian Sanger

Creative arts & mindfulness

I have to admit, lately it has been the zen pictures and markers I have been going to.  It is interesting how the dark and light colors go together.  Such play on emotions.  I can even do the same book only different colors without even knowing it.  I must have millions of pictures. lol.  I heard that this type of work helps someone that has trouble with eating.  The creative part of the brain takes over and organization takes place.  I guess think before you eat?  I know I am eating better.  Blessings.   

bluebaby, I also love the vibrations of music.  a Clarinet musician since high school.  I now pick up the pan flute, wood tonette, and Ukulele  every so often.  They really are my friends in calming and clearing.   Feeling fresh, clean and clear vibrations of sound, resonate with my sole on a high level.  Ever feel like you jump out of yourself?  Music can do that, especially in nature surroundings.  As a child in 5 grade I would play horn outside in the summer.  I remember the awesome feelings of friendship and clarity.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Does anyone have any songs or artists they can recommend for mindfully dancing or practicing yoga to? I've got a handful but haven't found anything new lately.

Hmm, what do you look for (or prefer) when selecting the music for mindful dancing? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Ro H. said:

Hmm, what do you look for (or prefer) when selecting the music for mindful dancing? 

@Ro H. - Hmm.. music I'd choose for mindful or conscious dancing is pretty varied. Some of the tracks I currently really enjoy moving to include 'Moon / Sun' by Trevor Hall, 'Resilient' by Rising Appalachia, and 'Open' by Rhye. Also open to more instrumental music with a beat 🙂

@Paige PIlege - Those all sound very soothing!! Thank you for the share! 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Has anyone been exploring the arts in these challenging times? One of the opportunities I've uncovered during this time is the chance to reconnect with my love for writing poetry. Normally I write short poetry though I wrote a bit of a longer one today. Here it is:

Daybreak poem.png

• Like 1

Wow, Gillian, that's really beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

I have noticed I am flowing with creativity, too. Yesterday I spent lots of time making heart designs to display on the door and window on the front of our home. There is a facebook group called heart hunters. It originated as a kind of scavenger hunt for parents taking their children on walks in their neighborhoods while still practicing social distancing, but it has become so much more! It has become a way of connecting and supporting each other in this time of separation.

I didn't mean to stray off topic, but it is still about creativity, right?

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Hello to all those interested in the intersection between creative arts & mindfulness! I feel inspired to share with you a poem I wrote this morning. Thoughts and feedback welcome ❤️ 

This breathing body

Lay down your fears
let them rest
awhile
coming back home
to the pulse that’s in your body.
Can you feel it?
Can you feel yourself alive?
As the wholeness
of this quiet, humming body
holds you
just here
without seeking an answer
nor confirmation
that you, my dear, are enough.
This moment
this breathing body
was never anything but
enough.

Gillian Florence Sanger

https://medium.com/@gillianflorence/this-breathing-body-9c0b43be5f3a?source=friends_link&sk=0b6a839fa667308177941c4b61036914

• Like 1

I am a certified mindfulness teacher, professional artist and musician, and therapeutic expressive arts life coach-therapist and for me, mindful and meditative drawing has  been a God send during this time.  I listen to some of my older new age compositions (magneticwind.bandcamp.com) and then just begin to doodle on painted backgrounds that I created in an intuitive session prior.   It's amazing.

IMG_20200425_001253102.jpg

IMG_20200425_010509306_20200425010749247.jpg

IMG_20200402_124232014.jpg

• Like 2