Paggie

My Mindfulness Practice

Day 8: Focused Attention

Q.) What impact does bringing your full attention to a conversation have on you or those around you?

A fully present conversation with my friend today. It is so crazy that giving full attention, also shut up my mind and listen what not being said. It helps my friend to speak up more of his awareness and what is the best solution for him to achieve his goal. I am so happy to be in service.

• Thanks 1

Day 9: Whole Body Breathing

How does stopping to take a whole body breath affect your mood or attitude?

I feel more energised. Like my body is recharged with electricity. The way I am thinking is clearer, and more at ease to connect with people.

• Administrators

I'm happy to see you are moving along with the 100 day challenge! Your reflection on mindful listening made me think of this article, which you might be interested in - https://mindfulnessexercises.com/what-is-mindful-listening/

So often, we humans only 'half listen', and yet there is such power and beauty in granting someone our full, undivided attention. 

• Like 1

Day 10: Staying Open

1. Some effects of this practice period for me have been …

This mindfulness practice has help me build a calmer, clarity mind. When comes to make decision, listening to conversations, I am more present to do what is best for me and people around me. I am more connected to my body and mind.

2. What I’m surprised about in my life right now is …

I am surprised about my work performance. I can let go of the smallest details and not be so rigid about it. Like a part of mind is relaxed. It helps me to focus what need to be done.

• Like 1

Day 11: Integrated Body Scan

Q.) How does the way you use your body impact how you feel?   

I notice when I crouch my body, I feel lazy. I do not want to get things moving. When I straighten up my spine, my chest expanding, getting more air. I feel energised and ready to take on what comes next. It surprises me on how my body leads emotion.

Q.) How others respond?  How does attention on your body language and breathing impact your communication?

When I breathe deep into stomach, I grounded myself to be present. My listening is attentive, which allows a space for my fellow peers to express and reflect on a deeper level.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you Paggie! I also notice a strong correlation between posture and my mental/emotional state of being. Hunched shoulders is correlated with feelings of insecurity and fear for me, whereas an open heart with shoulders falling back towards the spine brings up a sense of empowerment and confidence.

• Like 1

Day 12: Simply Stopping

What impact did stopping and practicing a minute of silence have on your next activity?

It helps me to focus what is priority. I also notice I get so restless and resistance to be in silence for more than 3 minutes. I am anxious to jump on to tasks to get things done and check off my list.

Day 13: Relieving Stress

SBNRR (Stop, Breathe, Notice, Reflect, Respond) 

Q.) What were the signals that a trigger response or stress was present?
When stress happens, I tend to avoid. I would not sit well. I will get something to eat and/or walk away from the stress zone. My heart rate rise. I also notice I would not breathe when stress present.

Q.) What parts of SBNRR were easy for you?  Difficult?  
What's easy is Stop. I can stop anytime and walk away. The difficult part is Respond. I might walk away and never come back to finish the tasks. 

Q.) How did practicing SBNRR impact the outcome of the situation?

It impacts in a way of reducing anxiety. Helps me sleep better at night. When practice Notice especially, I know I am easily affected by what's happening around me. I change my environment instead. It helps! A lot!

• Thanks 1

Day 14: Self Compassion

1. Areas of my life where I can be more forgiving are …

My body and my career. I always feel like I am fat. No matter how much food I taking care and how many workouts I've done, I still feel like a girl who is never look good on Instagram. I can be more forgiving to myself, that it is okay to not look good. I allow myself to be imperfect.

2. If I were more forgiving of these areas, it would allow me to …

If I am more forgiving of my career, it would allow me to stop comparing myself with others, and especially with my past self. I allow myself to be free, have fun while enjoying my responsibility.

Day 15: Sensory Awareness

Q.) How does this impact how you engage in your day?

I love how my eyes constantly attract to colourful shiny things. I feel so connected with the colours. It gives me inspirations and calmness to quite down my mind. I can feel my skin touching against keyboard. Giving them weight and energy to vibe through fingers. Speaking out, showing up with intention and love today.

• Like 1

Day 16: Loving Kindness

Q.) What do you notice with regard to your mood or behavior as a result from this practice?

I am more forgiving and compassion towards people I found annoyed. With the love I have in me, I project to the ones who I don't found pleasant. The way I speak and interact, is kinder, soft than I usually portrayed. I actually felt free, as I stop using other's people. faults and take it on my own. Kindness is free.

Day 17: Gratitude

1. Things that I’m most grateful for in my life are …

• My dogs for the company and love. They never make me feel lonely. 
  • My parents for all their support and love in my life.
  • My sisters for their wise life hacks.
  • My boyfriend for being my conscience, the Jiminy Cricket. Supports me to see the light of different possibilities.

2. Areas of my life where I’d like to cultivate more gratitude are …

My work and career. I found myself constantly blaming on the heavy workload and lack of compassion from my superiors. I want to cultivate more gratitude instead of creating a space of blame that eventually turns toxic. With gratitude, it is not only changing my worldview, it is also supporting the team I worked with.

• Thanks 1

Day 18: Just Like Me

In what ways does this affect your perceptions of or experience with this person?

Instead of seeing my mom as 'my mom', I see her JUST LIKE ME. There are multiple moments my mom was stubborn and insist us to do things her way. Those moments are the ones I always reject, rebel and in totally disagreement with her. However, today, I see her JUST LIKE ME. I do not like to admit it. But we actually have so many common traits we share. Perhaps we are too alike, that I felt repelled. 

Day 19: Concentration

Integrated Practice:

Practice generous listening with someone today.  When in a conversation, place all of your attention on the other person; listen with your ears and heart.   

Reflection Questions:

How does that shift the experience of the conversation for you?  

I was in a coaching session today. Although I am the once being coached on, I practice generous listening too. I felt present. Noticing my own conversations and the questions my coach asking. 

How do you think that experience was for them?

I think my coach is generous listening all along. It is the hour I am expressing my thoughts, goals, gain clarity and goal setting. I think, my coach learn something new about me.