Gillian Sanger

ICEBREAKER: What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Hello my name is Lucinda,  I have joined this community to learn to achieve tools to help with anxiety, insecurity  and  gain the inner strength from earlier days in my life.   One thing most people don not know about me is, that while joining the US Air Force, I turned 18 years old in basic training.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thanks to all who have shared here in the Icebreaker! And welcome @Lucinda. Lovely to read a bit about what brings you here. Have you found any particular mindfulness tools that have begun to support you through your experiences of anxiety and insecurity?

Let me know if you'd like some resource recommendations 🙂

Hello!  My name is TZ., and I will be authentic.  One thing that people don't know about me is that too much information is very confusing.  It makes me nervous, and I tend to either just leave because it is too much of a bother to try to figure out what to do, or get angry.  My mindfulness exercise is to recognize that this is happening, breathe, know that it's only me that would be hurt if I left, and try to stick with it anyway.   To be clear, one of the spaces I'm talking about is this website.   AND, I'm grateful that it is here anyway.

AUM

• Like 1

My name is judy, I learned TM about 20 years ago. I used to meditate on a daily basis. I am at a point in my life were it is important for me to reconnect with others. Sean said, “Gratitude is not in the words…but in the heart, how you express it.” I isolate. Reading Paige’s post from 12/11/19 and listening to Sean’s soft, wise voice guiding us to be present has awakened the desire for me to begin meditating. 

• Like 1

One thing that people don't know about me is that I'm actually sensitive and not as independent as I look like. Being abroad for 10 years now seems make people think that I must be very independent and mentally strong, but actually I'm not-I'm still very easy to be influenced by people and I am emotional, that's why I'm here, and want to be mentally resilient to the outside world.

• Like 1

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Hui said:

One thing that people don't know about me is that I'm actually sensitive and not as independent as I look like. Being abroad for 10 years now seems make people think that I must be very independent and mentally strong, but actually I'm not-I'm still very easy to be influenced by people and I am emotional, that's why I'm here, and want to be mentally resilient to the outside world.

Welcome @Hui! Thank you for sharing something about yourself that most people don't know, and welcome to our online community. Have you practiced mindfulness before or are you new to it?

Hello everyone, I’m a newbie. I’m kinda shy and many of my friends don’t know that I meditate, commune with nature on my walks, paint rocks and play the flute in my quiet time. I do what makes me feel joy and peace to quiet the noise and anxiety in my head. I look forward to opening up and sharing on this forum. 

• Like 2