Gillian Sanger

ICEBREAKER: What is one thing most people don't know about you?

I thought of something else-If I was going to be a Quality Therapist, then I should be a Power of example, then in order to promote Therapy, then I better take that same advice! Having been subjected to early Divorce  proceedings, I was forced to see a Therapist via Civil Court which turned out to be the Best happening in my Life; I stuck with Virginia Pomeroy for a solid 2 years never missing a Session; I admired and respected her cause she had a strong Christian Faith whom I respected! It turned out one day prior to terminating with her, she said to me very earnestly:

"I want to tell you Rick, you have been the Best Client I have ever had"! Wow, I thought! I was floored by that remark, and then asked her: "Why is that, Ginnie" and she replied, "You have not shyed away from 'Doing the Work that is required'"! I have always had a Special place for her in my heart! She was always so careful not to push me and cared for me...she would say" If I am coming on too strong, let me know" I would reply, "Bring it on-dont sugar coat it"! and I grew so much with her I followed her recommendation to pursue Group Therapy; I did that for a year and a half and I am a better man today because of that!

Edited by Rick @ FinestCoaching
  • Like 1

"FinestCoaching is all about Connecting the Dots".

• Administrators
On 2/19/2021 at 4:57 PM, helenea said:

Thank you for the welcome to your community I think most people would not know is that along with my husband learned  Transendential meditation back in 1974 before it was  as well known and practised as today. I was 16 then

Hi Helenea! Thank you for sharing here 🙂

Do you still practice TM? I've been curious, but I really don't know much about it.

hi Gillian I would say that TM was the begining of my search for something inside rather than waiting for something to come along which would make it ok I always felt that it was a need within that I was searching for so the start of many years of learning different methods, alternate and complimentary practices and techniques, I am reluctant to  say that I have never found it? because I have been fortunate in every other area of my life.I have a long and happy marrage , good close relationships with my children who also have fairly well balanced lives, and 7 beautiful grand children, I am  gratefull that i have been able to learn how  much my thoughts influence my feelings and behaviour.  and after 30 odd years working in the care sector I was in the position to change career when i should have been planning for retirement and join my son in building a new business, especially in these difficult times when many are having to deal with problems that none could have foreseen, yet there  is one problem which i dont seem to be able to overcome and could ruin everything for me. I am so sorry for rambling on. To answer your question, most of our meditation attempts are usually the guided ones by Tara Brach,Joe Dispenza and other positive people,but I still remember my mantra.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

@helenea - No need to apologize for rambling! That's what the forum is here for. And these are certainly challenging times. We are here to support!

@Cookie - Very cool! Do you have any interest still in flying?

@Feelgoodfloozie - Ah yes, how our desires change 😄 I also wanted to be a grown up when I was a child. I remember asking my parents if I could watch 'real people movies' instead of animations. 

• Like 1

I've battled anxiety now I swear by mindfulness. I believe in faeries, gnomes and all things magical. I believe nature should be protected, without nature, we are nothing. I love the vibrant greens of spring and the dark omnibus grey of storm clouds. I'm a photographer...

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I am from Sherwood, WI, close to Appleton, WI. One thing many don’t know about me is that I share my birthday with a former Packer player, Ray Nitschke. My birthday is on December 29, 1963 and his birthday is on December 29, 1936. 

• Like 1

I love to listen to music when exercising whether it be riding a bike in the country or walking around town.  Music helps soothe my soul and let's my mind wonder.  If I am not exercising, I love to cook whether it be outside on a grill of some sort or in the kitchen with the music playing.  I love to experiment with food while cooking over charcoal and listening to music.

• Like 1

There are probably numerous things that a majority of my family, friends and associates don't know about me but what quickly comes to mind is that while I was attending college at San Francisco State University from 1981 to 1985 I worked at the San Francisco Zoo for a couple of summers.

• Like 1