Gillian Sanger

ICEBREAKER: What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Hi David, 

I am still in the process of building the website and the online courses that i will offer - The website is www.mindreinvention.com

• Like 2

Thanks for the intro @Jonathan! It's wonderful to hear about your background - and your website looks great so far! PTSD is a topic we haven't discussed to much yet here; if you feel called to get a conversation about it going, feel free to start a new thread in the forum. 

Looking forward to hearing more of your insights!

Thanks @Gillian Sanger and @Paige PIlege for the warm welcome. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the past comments across the forum. An interesting idea to open up a thread on PTSD, I shall be sure to do that. For me PTSD has been a whole host of mental challenges - ranging from anxiety and depression to insomnia and night terrors - since using mindfulness techniques and meditation practises. I have been better equipped to recognise any negative thought patterns as they arise and how better to deal with them. I have also used self-hypnosis which has been incredibly effective. Hope you’re all having a great weekend so far 😃

• Thanks 1

@Jonathan - That's wonderful Jonathan, that these practices have been soothing for you. I haven't explored self-hypnosis but that would be another interesting topic to discuss! My weekend has been nice and relaxed, now I'm just moving through a busy week 🙂 Hope all is well with you!

@Jess MarieSnakes are not my favorite but anything small with lots of legs that move fast scare me.  Like cockroaches, spiders etc.  Just watching the little legs moving all over is so nasty to watch.  I grab whatever is around and smash, smash, etc.   No mercy there.  Sorry little things.  I get scared.   My dreams are scary also, even today. I am surprised I am still afraid of things. 

On 11/15/2019 at 10:26 AM, Daniel Goelz said:

When I was young, I really didn't have an aspiration to grow up and do or be something. I was honestly just happy to be a kid. I think it was because the future was terrifying and I didn't want any responsibilities, or the burden to have to live up to a dream. 

Little known fact about me is that I can roller skate really well, I went with my Dad 3 times a week for over 10 years. Also, I can dance my butt off on skates, but am terrified to dance on a dancefloor. 

Great topic, and it makes me happy to share this...but also scary because it's a part of myself that hasn't really ever been out in the open. More happy than scary, which is why I'm posting. 🙂

HI @Daniel Goelz

Nice to meet you. I also use to love roller skating and could dance on skates well when I was a teenager. I have not roller skated in many years and your post reminds me that I need to take it up again.

Many thanks for sharing this Daniel. 

Kind Regards,

Gene

HI everyone,

Since I am new to this site, anything that I post here will be something you do not know about me!! :😉

I have worked in the helping profession (as a community developer, health promoter, and program manger) for over 30 years. 

One little known fact to many people that know me is that I love Star Trek.... yes, I am a bonifide Trekkie :):)

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Thank you for starting this thread @Gillian Sanger

Regards,

Gene

Hello! Most people don't know I love rock concerts and have seen Metallica, Guns and Roses, ACDC. Heart, etc (in my younger days), Rush several times, Roger Waters, several times, Madonna 5 times, and more. I'm also a voracious reader and write poems usually on a daily basis. One more thing- I am insatiably curious about everyone I meet so at times I appear incredibly intrusive but it's only because I truly want to get to know people!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi @Jo L

I also love rock concerts and like all the bands you mentined in your list. Unfortately, the only band on your list I have seen live is Rush... a Canadian gem of a band I might add!!! They ROCK😀 

Thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards,

Gene

Edited by Gene Williams

Hi Gene,

NIce to meet someone with such great musical taste! I know, I'm very lucky to have attended so many concerts. Rush is the best! My favorite is Neil Peart and I was very sad when he passed away recently. I don't know if you're aware, but he wrote an excellent book about traveling solo around the country on his motorcycle after experiencing some loss. I highly recommend the book. It's called "The Ghost Rider" and he has a couple other books as well. 

Have a fantastic day!

Jo

• Like 1

Hi @Jo L

I was also sad when Neil Pert passed on and I read his book a while go but did not finish it. I will look it up at some point to read it from cover to cover. 🙂

Hope you are having a lovley day.

Cheers,

Gene

Hi Gene, 

Yes, I recommend finishing it, and I think I'll pick up his other books. Excellent writer. I believe he wrote the lyrics of the Rush songs? My favorite lyric is "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." 

Thank you, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jo

• Like 1

When i was 16 i chased down a robber.  I was babysitting and a robber broke into the family's house. 

As we started to enter the house the glass from the back door was on the floor to indicated robbery (my house had just been robbed 1 month earlier).  They criminal fled the house on a bike.  The kids and i jumped in the car and chased him down.  He pretended to have a gun so i moved on quickly.  Several weeks later i had to ID him in a lineup... Yikes that was when i was scared without all the adrenaline.