Gillian Sanger

ICEBREAKER: What is one thing most people don't know about you?

I am energetic, love music, cooking, traveling and having fun. Born in the Middle East, Lived 18 years of my life in the Gulf, 11 years in USA and for a short time in Ireland.

I have been practicing mindfulness since 2018. It took me 6 months to actually consider listening to any mindfulness advice or practice. 

I have been in the education field for over 19 years. I enjoy training students and staff on new innovative ideas.

I worked with diversity of people throughout the years and exploring new cultures is very exciting for me. I enjoy learning as much as I enjoy teaching new skills. I am certified in Mindfulness Essentials and Fundamentals. I deliver training to small groups and enjoy doing that online and in person. 

I moved back to USA and would love to join like-minded group of people to enhance my learning and enjoy healthy body, mind and heart way of life. I love meeting new people and exchange life learning experiences. 

I set my daily intentions in the morning, start my day with a beginner's mindset, walk with gratitude and always remember to Pause, Breathe and Smile when I feel that I am overwhelmed. 

• Like 1

I still get very scared when I have to speak in front of people. No one knows that about me as I do not show it and I have my breathing session done before any event or training or even gatherings when meeting new people. 

I build up the courage inside me and do my self-talk but still feel the fear in my body every time. It takes me few minutes then I feel ok. 

Other than that, I am an open book and I have a small circle of friends, so they know everything about me. 

I started now uploading videos on TikTok but only images with music. I am still thinking on how and when I will get the courage to upload my own video. Not sure how long this will take 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome to the community @Mimo! And thank you for the lovely introduction. It's great to hear that mindfulness wove it's way into your life. It sounds like it's been a supportive tool for you when speaking in front of others (and I'm sure in other realms of life too, as tends to be the case).

How did you find us? Are there certain practices or mindfulness-related topics you are interested in learning more about?

I found you by chance online. I am open to learning new things every day and if the learning is related to Mindfulness, then that is even better. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Mimo said:

I found you by chance online. I am open to learning new things every day and if the learning is related to Mindfulness, then that is even better. 

Wonderful! Glad you stumbled upon us.

I would like to share with you that I have uploaded my first video of me talking about mindfulness on TikTok and that was a big step moving forward, it felt so good. I have posted about mindfulness on FB and Insta as well as TikTok previously but never a video of myself talking about it. Took a breath, set my intention and believed in myself. Mindfulness helped me achieve this. 🙂

• Like 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Mimo said:

I would like to share with you that I have uploaded my first video of me talking about mindfulness on TikTok and that was a big step moving forward, it felt so good. I have posted about mindfulness on FB and Insta as well as TikTok previously but never a video of myself talking about it. Took a breath, set my intention and believed in myself. Mindfulness helped me achieve this. 🙂

Thanks for sharing this Mimo! I find that it is really a journey of putting ourselves out there more and more, step by step, in ways that feel natural and authentic (while also giving ourselves a little push when we need it!)

You mention intention setting, which I think is so important. If we are clear on our intention, often some of the stress or fear dissipates - at least this is the case for me.

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, srichards0915 said:

One thing most people don't know about me is that about 95% of the time when I drive, I prefer to have the radio off. It's like my quite time. 

Thank you for sharing! And welcome to the community 🙂 

I am Roli from Mumbai, India. A certified PCC coach, facilitator and professional speaker. However,  currently a seeker of knowledge, tools and techniques of mindfulness.

My childhood was happy 😊, youth days were engaged in learning but in today in my 47th yr I feel low, lonely and cranky. I am unable to understand why. I feel from within that with Mindfulness exercises I will bounce back to me. 

• Administrators

Hi @Roli Kesarwani - thank you so much for the introduction and welcome to the community. First, I am sending you much care and compassionate wishes amidst these feelings of loneliness and low-ness. Have you begun practicing any specific types of mindfulness practices yet? Any techniques or teachers you feel drawn to?

• Like 1