Gillian Sanger

ICEBREAKER: What is one thing most people don't know about you?

Share a little more about yourself and let us know something that most people don't know about you.

For instance...
What did your childhood self yearn to be when he/she/they grew up?
When was the last time you laughed until you cried?
What was your biggest mistake turned lesson?
What are you afraid of, big or small?
What unique quirks do you have?

This list of questions is by no means exhaustive of where this can go. Use your imagination to dig for something wild/surprising/unusual or share something totally 'normal' (whatever normal is) and relatable.

• Like 3

As a child, some of the people I wanted to be like (at various stages) were: Posh Spice, Shania Twain, and Sandra Bullock.

Now, the people I admire and whose energy and wisdom I would love to embody include: Mary Oliver and Rupert Spira.

• Like 1

Thanks, Gillian!

My childhood self wanted to be a teacher and/or a singer. I am a teacher of sorts, and becoming more of one, and I would call myself an amateur singer.

Something else ... I'm certified by the AMC/Appalachian Mountain Club as a "local hikes" leader. I'm also kind of a spelling geek ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2019 at 10:54 PM, Jess Marie said:

the one thing i am most afraid of is snakes!

Ahh! I have that fear a little bit myself, but it's situational (and currently I'm not in a place where there are too many snakes). When I spent 3 months in Costa Rica I was always on edge when walking dimly lit paths at night. Twice I encountered a snake and pretty much froze in my tracks.

Are snakes present in your locale?

I wanted to be an interior designer or run a shop with unique home goods. I ended up working for the government but I still get to use my design sense at work and at home. 

• Like 2

When I was young, I really didn't have an aspiration to grow up and do or be something. I was honestly just happy to be a kid. I think it was because the future was terrifying and I didn't want any responsibilities, or the burden to have to live up to a dream. 

Little known fact about me is that I can roller skate really well, I went with my Dad 3 times a week for over 10 years. Also, I can dance my butt off on skates, but am terrified to dance on a dancefloor. 

Great topic, and it makes me happy to share this...but also scary because it's a part of myself that hasn't really ever been out in the open. More happy than scary, which is why I'm posting. 🙂

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 4:26 PM, Daniel Goelz said:

When I was young, I really didn't have an aspiration to grow up and do or be something. I was honestly just happy to be a kid. I think it was because the future was terrifying and I didn't want any responsibilities, or the burden to have to live up to a dream. 

Little known fact about me is that I can roller skate really well, I went with my Dad 3 times a week for over 10 years. Also, I can dance my butt off on skates, but am terrified to dance on a dancefloor. 

Great topic, and it makes me happy to share this...but also scary because it's a part of myself that hasn't really ever been out in the open. More happy than scary, which is why I'm posting. 🙂

Thank you so much for sharing @Daniel Goelz! I can definitely relate to the mixture of emotions when sharing online like this. Glad you've decided to open up with us here 🙂

• Like 2

I love, love music.  Play almost any instrument.  My clarinet has been my best friend since childhood.  I am psychic/intuitive empathic and it can be such a curse to know things others don't.  I can live in the shower, anything that is water.   I do not like being told what to do.  I am curious about everything.  Love to observe life, contemplate it and meditate.  Animals and people gravitate to me so I can easily be overwhelmed.   I tend to get into way too many things.   Blessings everyone.      

• Like 3

On 11/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, Paige PIlege said:

I can live in the shower, anything that is water.

I resonate with your deep connection to water. I often envision myself floating in a calm lake, completely surrounded by water, and still somehow able to breath. Must have something to do with ancient memories of the womb!

• Like 2

Ahh, yes. My favorite thing to do is float on my back either in a pond or a swimming pool and release all tension.  Lastly the back.  It is amazing to feel the water holding me up.  Totally relaxed and feeling the water around me is just awesome.  I really could use that about now.  I need to get back to the pool more often.  Or sit in the shower like you said.  lol.   Blessings.  

• Like 2