Gillian Sanger

How do the seasons influence you?

• Administrators

Here in Sweden the days are getting darker - fast. While I'm somewhat used to this being from Toronto, I'm not quite prepared for the 6 hours of sunlight that I'm soon to be limited to each day.

I'm finding myself moving slower, which my mind wants to judge and reject, but as I open myself up to really allowing this, I realize there's not really any problem with this. Still - it takes some self-reminding to stay conscious of the fact that I can 'do' less so long as it all feels in balance.

What season are you heading into, and how is it influencing you?

This is the winter season we are heading into.  This is portrayed as the metal element in us and it brings in the grieving process of our emotions for the year that must be processed accordingly for health reasons.  Our kidneys are most tender in this season and we must be sure to move to the season to keep energy moving in this area.  Paying attention to warm foods and soft foods.  Not so much spice as one would like to in the holidays.  Resting and contemplating and observing the essence of nature sleeping around the season of the world to regenerate and push growth in the spring.    Qigong Enlightenment

• Like 1

• Administrators

January seems to embody both stillness/stagnation and dynamic movement/growth. As a new calendar year begins, we start to look forward to spring and to days growing longer. I'm curious about how people are feeling right about now. Are you feeling inspired and dynamic or still savouring stillness and the slow-moving energy of winter? I'm catching some of the 'new year' energy, feeling inspired and ready to embrace new opportunities!

Most feel slowed in the winter, but I am the opposite. The heat of the American South slows me down and I am most alert and content in the Fall and Winter. My mind is aware that the longer days should make me happier, focused or energetic, so sometimes I find myself at odds with the seasons. When that push and pull is strongest, I usually take the dogs for a hike and communicate with my surroundings...literally talking to the woods around me. I often come home feeling a bit better! 

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 hours ago, DorothyBelle said:

I have an American bulldog, a Great Pyrenees mix, two Pomeranians, and a Chinese Crested. Each has a different personality and each one is unique. Dogs make the world better!

How about you?

How sweet! And yes, they are absolutely incredible. We have two that we adopted from Greece. They're mixed breeds, so I'm not sure what type they are. I'll attach a photo instead...

IMG_3964.JPG