Gillian Sanger

What are you grateful for today?

• Administrators

What a wonderful story, Susie. I am so glad you encountered beautiful, kind souls.

This reminds me of something that happened to me recently, in fact. My boyfriend and I had an important appointment scheduled that we were driving to, but when we went to the car that morning, it wouldn't start. We tried to flag people down who were driving by, but our attempts to get help weren't proving successful. After some time, I could feel a wave of sadness rising up in me, feeling alone and isolated - helpless. And as SOON as I felt that, a couple who had just passed us turned around and offered us a jump start. They were so kind, expressing that they wanted to return a gift that someone had just offered to them (their basement had recently flooded, and neighbours really jumped in to help them out). Anyways, it reminded me of the power of kindness, community, and generosity.