Today I am grateful for:

-The roof over my head
-The opportunities (and challenges!) that have gotten me to where I am today
-The view outside my window
-My health!
-Raw vegan chocolate birthday cake 🙂
-Electricity

• Like 3

Today I'm grateful for a random butterfly that decided to hang out just outside my kitchen window for several minutes this morning. It's not normally a spot where I see them, so it was a welcome surprise that allowed me to stop, be still, and just enjoy the moment—which is normally something I struggle with. 

• Like 3

I was able to sit in conversation with four women and we had such a respectful and loving time together, everything flowed beautifully I’m feeling so blessed 

• Like 4

I am grateful for my and my loved ones' health, for our home, for where I live in this world and for those who sacrificed so very much for the freedom and privileges that I too often take for granted.

• Like 3

I am grateful for so many amazing people I meet that are uplifting, motivating, and happy.  I would not be here.  I am grateful for the universe and my 5 senses.  Grateful for being human and able to experience the human life of joy even through the nasty downtime, because it all is worth it.  I am overjoyed and grateful for my relationships online as well as in person.  WE are amazing people.   Blessings.  

• Like 2

At this time I am grateful for a warm place for the grand kids to sack out here overnight and the free time to enjoy them.  I am thankful for being able to provide a nice holiday and food.  The quiet this early brings me peace.  

• Like 1

Congratulations Sean on the new baby.  I love watching new babies right after they are born.  It is fun seeing them learn on their own so fast.  Their facial expressions and the funny questions they begin to ask.  From age zero to 4 it is hard for me to do anything but watch and listen.  So precious they are.  Blessings to you and your family.  

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• @Ali Zien - Thank you so much for this update and congrats on finding the courage to seek support! It can be so difficult to reach out and ask for help, but when we do, there is great potential for change and healing. I love how you've shared your reaction to the psychiatrist saying he believes you are stressed 😄 and how you were afterward able to note your own resistance this idea. I really think that stress is so pervasive in our society and that even those who practice mindfulness and meditation can be stressed on a much deeper level than we realize. So glad something 'clicked' for you during the session. Keep us posted as time goes on! 🙂 
    • Hello ^_^ a little update: I had the courage to approach my family and tell them that I need a professional help as I am experiencing weekly episodes and cycles of intense joy (4-3 days of the week) followed by depression (not really depression but I think just laziness ) and sometimes my mind start creating silly stories about suicide. and they were very understanding and I am really grateful for their support and kindness ♥ my sister helped me finding a psychiatrist and I just had a session yesterday ! I had few expectations but they weren't met 😄 I told him about addiction,binge eating disorder and relapsing due to the cycle I mentioned before... **Bare in mind, I never met any psychiatrists before or any spiritual gurus in my entire life** my expectations wasn't met because I thought he is going to make me tell him about the entire story of my life and that my present situation is due to "mistakes" that did happen in the past.. but long story short; he said " You are stressed." to be honest I resisted and my ego was kinda offended 😄  (doesn't he know how that I meditate every day for an hour and that I am very positive person and I read X & Y book and I watched X or Y videos about mindfulness and meditation ) this is how my mind reacted. I told him no because I think I am very calm person, I meditate a lot and I am mostly happy and my life is a total bliss and 90% is greatly wonderful but only need to understand how I can accept and change the other 10%. after speaking for a little, he talked again about stressed, and I started feeling like something is wrong and this guy doesn't understand how "Mindful" and "Awaken" I am 😄 ( I only noticed those ego related thoughts after the session ). I told him no I am not stressed in a conscious way  but maybe in a unconscious way like in the background and I am not aware of it.. after a while he started talking about stress and something clicked 😄 I just became aware that truly I am experiencing stress and this is why I tend to lean into these behaviors because they help my mind relax from all the resistance I offer to urges: binge eating helps me to feel relaxed and full this is why my mind repeats this habit and to change this habit I just simply need to nurture my brain and body with the things it needs. he described me an antidepressant medicine to keep me calm ,relaxed and to try for one month and to observe how things will go and I am really excited and grateful because it will help me to commit to my life and to my goals and also my diet 😄 so I can see the results I want. and lowkey I am excited because this medicine will help me being more present, calm and to reap more benefits from meditation !   on a fundamental level I believe it's the thinking mind creating all the suffering, I even recall sadhguru saying that "if we removed half of your brain you will be completely fine and happy" so I believe that easing the stress by medicating and meditating will solve any inconvenience.  the moral of the story is: be present ^_^
    • Absolutely Jillian! I feel the same. I was out camping this weekend and we brought our dogs who were stirring quite a lot in the night outside of the tent. I was having difficulty sleeping after being woken up by them, but soon I remembered the breath. Just watching it helped me to let go of the stories about how 'bad' or stressful it was that I wasn't able to fall asleep swiftly and soon, I naturally sunk back into slumber.
    • Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing Ali 🙂
    • @WellBeingAnnie - Here is the new club! All are welcome to join. My intention is for this to be a space for us to share what projects we are working on (or want to begin) and to support and encourage one another.  
  • Recent Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.