Gillian Sanger

What is something that you've learned about yourself recently?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What is something that you've learned about yourself recently?

Have you had any 'aha' moments of self-awareness recently? If so, share what you discovered. This flash of insight might have come during meditation, during a conversation with someone else, or at any other moment of any regular day.

• Like 1

Hi everyone-

This is an interesting weekly query.  I think I tend to have mini aha moments in cycles- and recently I have recognized that when I am stressed or tired or down, I tend to instinctively seek something outside of myself for distraction- like company (even from a former lover- no bueno) or too many bowls of Frosted Flakes.  The awareness leads to a pause, a momentary inquiry of:  What else is here?  How can I acknowledge it without fear of the discomfort?

Mindful indeed.  Hope you are well...

Rachel

• Like 1

• Administrators

Ah yes, I recognize that in myself as well - particularly when I feel bored. I think boredom is my primary trigger for less-than-mindful eating. Thank you for sharing.

I can also resonate with these mini 'aha' moments. One that I had recently was the recognition that I often try to put myself into a neat box, like 'I am this kind of person' or 'I am like that'. However, it dawned on me that I am really multi-dimensional, and any label I might give myself may be true in one moment, but it is not representative of my totality. 

I like that you followed this awareness with a question. I think the questions for me would be: Can I hold my entire self without judgment? Can I embrace my multi-dimensionality?

• Like 1