Jane Bjerklie-Barry

Hello from New Hampshire

Hello all, 

My name is Jane and I am looking forward to begin my journey towards a teaching certificate in Mindful Meditation.  I have been meditating for about 6 years.  It started as a component of my yoga practice, but grew as a part of my recovery after knee placement surgery 3 years ago.  Being a person who cannot tolerate opiate-based pain meds, I turned to meditation to help with pain relief, sleep and emotional struggles.   This has further allowed me to deepen my practice a little bit, but I have a long way to go.  My journey of using meditation as a pain reliever and surgical rehab tool has made me realize that there are so many people who could benefit from meditation in this way.  I live in a rural part of NH, but with strong community resources for health.  There is a community hospital and many private practices of yoga, Reiki, massage, etc.  However, there are few options for people to learn about and/or practice meditation together.  My dream is to help others navigate the struggles we face as we age, or go through surgery, or to simply feel more grounded --- and to help me to deepen my own practice as well! 

• Like 1

Nice to meet you Jane!   I too have benefited from the therapeutic aspect of mindfulness regarding chronic fatigue and pain.   I also look forward to serving others with tools on how meditation can relieve pain and suffering in all domains: physical, emotional, and spiritual...

• Like 1

• Administrators

Welcome @Jane Bjerklie-Barry! It's lovely to have you here, and thank you so much for this introduction. Mindfulness and meditation as they relate to pain is an area I have little experience with, though I'd love to get your insights regarding any tips you might have on how I can better manage migraines. I don't get migraines often (only twice in the past year and a half), but when I do I really struggle to be present with the pain.

If you (or @Ed4Ease) have any insights you'd like to share, I've started a forum on the topic: