VBZivkovic

Positive Self-Reflection

Hi everyone 🙂  It's been some time since I've posted here but I'd like to share a meditation I wrote on 'positive self-reflection'. Feel free to share as well and I'll record an audio version too.

Positive Self-reflection Meditation.

Let's begin by taking a moment to settle our body into a comfortable position. (5 seconds)

You may close your eyes or keep them slightly open with a soft focus looking downward a few feet in front of you. (3 seconds)

Put a half-smile on your face as well. (3 seconds)

Allow your spine to lift and your shoulders to soften (2 seconds).

Today we will practice positive self-reflection. (3 seconds)

Taking a full breath in (2 seconds) and a long slow breath out (2 seconds).

Take a few moments to consider a loved one or someone of importance in your life. See their warm smile. Hear their loving and encouraging words. (15 seconds)

When you hear their words in your mind what words do you hear? (10 seconds)

Maybe you hear words such as: thoughtful, caring, warm, kind, giving, resilient, artistic, or skillful. (10 seconds)

All of these words you hear inside your mind are you describing yourself. (2 seconds)

Notice there were no crass or hard words only soft and encouraging words. (2 seconds)

You are each and everyone of these words and more. (2 seconds)

Be aware that Right Thought and Right Speech are important in self-reflection. (5 seconds)

And that when we reflect mindfully on ourselves, we reflect with these Noble Truths in mind. (5 seconds)

We know how we describe ourselves is how others will describe us too. (2 seconds)

You know that you have and will make mistakes. But you are forgiving of yourself. (2 seconds)

Because you are: thoughtful, caring, warm, kind, giving. (5 seconds)

As we conclude this meditation let’s end it with a deep breath in….and a slow, breath out.

1 hour ago, Daniel A. Detwiler said:

Hi Vladimir, I read your self reflection and listened to your audio. You have a good voice, caring, strong and clear. Your message is excellent. Thank you for sharing. Daniel

Hi Daniel - thank you very much 🙂