Gillian Sanger

What do you hope to experience by the end of your life?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What do you hope to experience by the end of your life?

Take a few moments to contemplate what you want to experience by the end of this lifetime. Share what you uncover with the community. There are no right or wrong answers; simply share whatever yearnings you observe in mind, body, or heart.

This question was adapted from 20 Mindful Questions to Ask Yourself.

Beginning the 100 day challenge is allowing me to slow down.  By the end of this life I want to have mastered the art of slow living, taking one day at a time and noticing how everyday brings something new to see, hear, smell, touch.  

• Like 4
  • Administrators

To reflect on this week's question: I hope that by the end of my life I have found my 'place' so to speak. That I have integrated all the different dimensions of who 'I' am and that I have uncovered a deep peace within myself and within the world.

• Like 2

Hope is make-believe fiction, craving / grasping for succor, an obscuration to clarity, an emotional indulgence, a flight from actuality and ‘all-about-me’ (even if the hope is for someone else). Elder cultures warned against it. The ruling class conditions us to it and exploits it. I don’t recommend making it a habit. Best to note it when it flares up and not attach to it / enable it  / be dragged around by it. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Guest Eve
      I feel present, calm and grounded when I'm focusing my breath and also some thoughts just run out here and there but I'm ok with that just let it be and I can feel my eyes are very tired that I don't even really care about it. I think I will have a good sleep tonight. 
    • Hi everyone,  I am Thuraya. A Palestinian educator who has been looking for different ways to practice mindfulness and help myself know how to let go. I am using this platform to get more into practical performance of mindfulness and the correct implementation of its techniques 
    • Hi everyone, I'm so glad to be here participating! A few months ago I finished a midfulness training. Time goes by very fast and there is always a lot to do in my job; but I want to continue cultivating mindfulness and teaching it;  for me, it´s  a challenge to be able to communicate in English(another reason to be here).  When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut 🙂 and also a truck driver. Later, as a teenager, I wanted to be an engineer. And after the experiences life has given me, now I want to go slowly and slowly. I loved music, and I had a CD of music of Buddhist monks, I liked to listen to them, it relaxed me, I didn't know I was going to meditate 🙂 .   Greetings to all!  
    • Hi Wahby17,  Welcome! What a Story to behold; one never knows what Comic Figures can be powers of example, especially ones who Meditate!
    • Hi, I'm a university student who has been meditating his entire life for multiple reasons. It might sound stupid but as a child I loved reading comics, and one of my favorite characters was Iron Fist. Basically he meditated a lot, so out of habit I did too in an attempt to imitate him, and bit by bit I got more and more interested as I saw results both mental and physical. I researched more and more and became more aware of myself. I'm glad I can now join communities with people who can share their different experiences on this topic.
  • Recent Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.