tribal

Self-compassion | Ressources , list

This was really helpful, Gillian. Mindfulness regulates attention moment by moment. Compassion gives a caring connection to others and to the self. For the self it involves learning from the ways others have regulated our emotions up until this time. Then, we can find a way to do emotional regulating for ourselves. It also teaches us to ask the question of  or about others "what do you need right now?" When we have information we can decide what we might do for another that is helpful and caring.  He is a clear communicator and I like these ideas. Daniel

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 2/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, Daniel A. Detwiler said:

This was really helpful, Gillian. Mindfulness regulates attention moment by moment. Compassion gives a caring connection to others and to the self. For the self it involves learning from the ways others have regulated our emotions up until this time. Then, we can find a way to do emotional regulating for ourselves. It also teaches us to ask the question of  or about others "what do you need right now?" When we have information we can decide what we might do for another that is helpful and caring.  He is a clear communicator and I like these ideas. Daniel

I'm glad you enjoyed the clip Daniel! Chris Germer was a guest a few weeks ago for the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Program. If you stay tuned, more highlights from the session will be shared on YouTube. The full playlist will be here (where there is one more video already posted).

• Administrators

To add to this self-compassion resources section, I'd like to share a new article on the Mindfulness Exercises blog: 8 Self-Compassion Exercises to Enhance the Relationship You Have With Yourself.

https://mindfulnessexercises.com/8-self-compassion-exercises-to-enhance-the-relationship-you-have-with-yourself/

Let me know what you think about the post - and if you have any other techniques of self-compassion you'd like to add.