tribal

Self-compassion | Ressources , list

On 10/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, Sean Fargo said:

Great idea, Tribal! We all need self-compassion. 🙂

Here are some free self-compassion resources here at Mindfulness Exercises:

https://mindfulnessexercises.com/free-self-compassion-exercises/

I also appreciate what Kristin Neff states:

Being/living who you are.

I think the greatest obstacle in front of contentment is the desire and ultimately fruitless effort to live in a fantasy of what we should (not a very helpful word or way of thinking)be....as opposed to who we are meant to be.

"It seems to me that in the cultivation of our own nature, it is our duty to respect its peculiarities, that we should not attempt to become like everybody or anybody else." Ralph Waldo Emerson 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, rainbow said:

Being/living who you are.

I think the greatest obstacle in front of contentment is the desire and ultimately fruitless effort to live in a fantasy of what we should (not a very helpful word or way of thinking)be....as opposed to who we are meant to be.

"It seems to me that in the cultivation of our own nature, it is our duty to respect its peculiarities, that we should not attempt to become like everybody or anybody else." Ralph Waldo Emerson 

Thank you @rainbow! I think you are so right; there is so much pressure to be other than what we are. This quote is a lovely reminder to 'cultivate our own nature'.

• Like 2

I really appreciate this discussion and have a difficult time not beating myself up. A great reason to be here. I have listened to Tara Brach talk about this but sometime I get so wrapped up. I have noticed that the episodes don't last nearly as long or come as frequently as they did during the traumatic time I have recently been through, but it still makes me feel some what self indulgent. I don't do anything destructive but I woller in the depressive mood. Coming out of that mood is what I have been working on and just think it is part of mourning the multiple losses I endured as it has only been a year. I am happy the episodes are not constant and anger filled. Meditation, tapping and positive affirmations really helped

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karen E said:

I really appreciate this discussion and have a difficult time not beating myself up. A great reason to be here. I have listened to Tara Brach talk about this but sometime I get so wrapped up. I have noticed that the episodes don't last nearly as long or come as frequently as they did during the traumatic time I have recently been through, but it still makes me feel some what self indulgent. I don't do anything destructive but I woller in the depressive mood. Coming out of that mood is what I have been working on and just think it is part of mourning the multiple losses I endured as it has only been a year. I am happy the episodes are not constant and anger filled. Meditation, tapping and positive affirmations really helped

Hi @Karen E,

Thanks for sharing! While I'm not sure what you have been through, I am very glad to hear that the moments of being 'wrapped up' are lessening. I think it's so important that we go easy on ourselves, and that we remain aware (and grateful) of the strides we have taken - of how far we have come.

I truly think that being aware of our moods is a huge accomplishment, something that many people aren't capable of. Just noticing, "Okay, I'm currently feeling consumed by this heaviness" is a beautiful, mindful moment to have.

• Thanks 1

It has been about 10 years now that I had a "aha" moment, (maybe should be a topic?) It was giving myself loving kindness.  In giving myself loving kindness I am giving others the same thing because as you practice it you go to a mirror or begin writing and speaking and ripples begin and thousands of others are receiving that loving kindness.  I remember the wonderful feeling. 

I found my now-husband at that time and we went shopping.  I explained to him about my gifts, abilities, or strangeness.  It was a wonderful time for me being able to focus after my divorce solely on myself.  We went shopping.  Standing in the isles a woman came up to me.  She asked if it was ok to talk to me about my color.  I had such beautiful colors around me.   I looked at my friend, he was shocked.  I said of course, I explained I knew a lot about energy and vibrations, the unseen source that eludes us.  I feel it.  We began discussing it and my friend couldn't believe what was happening.   When she left she gave me a place to meet her at.  Very nice.  

Practicing Passion I called it.  Meditating every day by seeing the heart inside, feeling it, grow and radiate the energy around inside and outside the body.  Can't help but smile all the time.  All things good were happening and still are.  

My "aha" is that if I want to receive loving kindness I must practice it.  Live it.  I find decisions becoming easier to handle and focus.  I don't use a recording.  I just do it.       

My friend, still cannot wrap it around his brain.  But with respect and love it all is wonderful.  

Blessings.    

• Thanks 1

With this shut down of the world there are many relationships that are being reborn.  Myself I find a much smoother life.  Not as much drama.  For self compassion every day I say to my husband, "thank you for being with me, here, now, this moment" I also say "I am so grateful for being here with you".  We take care of each other and rely on each other. I thank him for being honest, respectful and in doing this I am giving myself compassion.  Because what I give out will truly come back to me.  I never knew this a while back.  Every so often I have to pinch myself and say those same sentences to 'Him"  and we are in love all over again.  Not just with each other.  With life with each other.  I do self compassion meditation from here with my group.  Everyone loves it.