I am working on a meditation series based on the seasons and thought I'd pose a question to the community based on this notion:

If your inner world were a season, what season would it be embodying right now?

Spring, summer, fall, and winter each carry unique energies, gifts, and purpose. For instance, spring to me is a time for expansion and new life, whereas autumn is about slowing down, turning inwards, and surrender.

You might have your own interpretations of the seasons, but in any case, I invite you to share a few thoughts on what inner season you might be experiencing right now. Personally, I find myself slowly thawing out of winter, coming into an inner spring. New ideas are coming to me and I am slowly cultivating the energy to step into them.

• Like 1

Like you, Gillian - SPRING! 🌱 The first thing that "sprang" to mind! I feel a season of hope and possibilities unfolding inside me as I breathe new life into my business! Great question! 💟

garden wise time lapse GIF

• Like 3

I love this topic of viewing our inner and outer lives from the perspective of the ever changing four seasons.  Thank you.  Although it is a bit hard to accept, I realize that I am now living in the Autumn season of my life.  However my inner season feels like spring since I living into one of the most creative seasons of my life.  All in all I am grateful for both seasons.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

Winter. The withering season, but it still teems with energy. There is nothing like the sun shining on a clear, cold, crisp day, especially if there is newly fallen snow it sets glittering. Still, the days are shorter, shortening more, and I spend more time inside.

• Like 1

Thanks to all for your answers! Paul, you bring up a really important point which is that, in different ways, we embody and express different seasons at the same time. Perhaps in one area of life, we feel the blossoming of spring and summer... and yet in another, we can feel still, contemplative, and inward-oriented. 

The seasons for me also change rapidly. I haven't read too much about it yet, but I know that the female menstrual cycle can be broken down into different energies and seasons that affects us accordingly. So that is something I am always working with as well!

I'm sharing a response to this question offered by @Daniel A. Detwiler (reposting from my profile to this thread with his approval):

The question I am responding to is what season describes me and my life.  At age 73 I wo uld say Autumn.  That season is often warm, sunny and filled with blue skies. The leaves which turn color here in Illinois are always beautiful. They have an earthy smell when piled up and a nice curnch when you walk on them. Later, the month grows colder. There are days which darken sooner and things turn colder towards winter. Indoor activities heighten with warm good, cider and mulled wine shared with friends. My life is in the stage of Autumn. I have plenty of good and warm relationships. Walking in the park on warm days is wonderful. I watch my grandson play flag football and marvel at his coordination and his height which surpasses mine. My granddaughter and her girl scout Troop is readying for the annual Scare Crow contest during the pumpkin fest at the arboretum.  Her dancing classes yield a more lovely and strong young woman. They are my harvest. As Khalil Gibran says " they live in the house of the future which you can't visit even in your dreams". They will reach it however, and carry me in their hearts with them. My spiritual growth continues. After growing up Christian their is room in my life for the Buddha, his ethics and practices which enhance my understanding of Christianity. Mindfulness helps me recognize that my energy is part of the vast existence of Consciousness which is known in loving presence. I lived a life of helping others. I didn't do things perfectly but I did things mostly well. While my wife and I have a lot to liive for and to experience I feel some increasing readiness for peace and I mean the final peace. When my time is over, I suspect I will welcome whatever happens or doesn't afterward. Daniel