Gillian Sanger

What are five things you are grateful for in this moment?

This week's question asks:

Without overthinking it, I invite you to share five things you are appreciative of right now. They can be large or small, internal or external. Whatever comes to mind, we'd love to hear your sentiments of gratitude.

• Like 1

I am grateful for:
1. Access to the internet so I can work, take classes  and connect with loved ones. 
2. For the park with abundant forest I live next to so I can commune with the trees and nature.
3. my mediation and morning pages practice. Without this I think I would be a mess.
4. My kitties, so much joy in just watching them.
5. The sounds of the cicadas buzzing and droning all afternoon. 

• Like 1

I am grateful for:

*continued employment allowing me to take care of myself and my children

*the health of my loved ones

*my brother and his family evacuating to safety from the Lightning Strike Complex Fires in Santa Cruz, CA

*my quiet early mornings held sacred for meditation, journaling, and movement/exercise

*air conditioning to keep us comfortable

• Like 1

A roof over my head.

Food to eat.

The sense of taste that makes the food experience pleasurable.

The ability to move and dance.

Breath.

• Like 1

Grateful for:

The cool of the morning 

My Partner’s excellent medical report

My life

Comfy bed

The gift of these meditations

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2020 at 5:28 AM, Gillian Sanger said:

Without overthinking it, I invite you to share five things you are appreciative of right now. They can be large or small, internal or external. Whatever comes to mind, we'd love to hear your sentiments of gratitude.

Grateful for:

Chotu my cat came back home after he got out of his catio - he hadbeen gone since august 18th and returned on his own on august 22nd at 5:05am - after alot of knocking on doors, calling out his name and walking the streets in the neighborhood, posting flyers and posters - well i am so grateful...

my husband who helped, was understanding and is the most amazing kind gentle human that could exist - am so grateful to have met him..

the ability to walk for hours searching for chotu - even though the sole of my sneakers fell apart - but stayed together thanks to the tape i used on them.

the free online meditation on youtube that allows you to reach out to your lost pet and help guide them back home - i really think it worked, amidst all the tips i followed/did to help him return...

food/shelter...

Edited by yogawithpriyanka
wanted to add a word
  • Like 3

okay now...

my daughter, my wife and the way she says "I Love You", coaching basketball, garden flowers and vegetables, bumblebees.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yogawithpriyanka said:

Chotu my cat came back home after he got out of his catio - he hadbeen gone since august 18th and returned on his own on august 22nd at 5:05am - after alot of knocking on doors, calling out his name and walking the streets in the neighborhood, posting flyers and posters - well i am so grateful...

I am so happy to hear you found Chotu! ❤️

• Thanks 1

On 8/20/2020 at 10:28 AM, Gillian Sanger said:

I'm grateful for:

1. Being healthy

2. Being the Mother of an Amazing Human being > My daughter Carolina

3. Being perseverant on making my dream project come true

4. Being in love with the person I'm becoming

5. Being grateful for being able to help my Parents to stay safe 

Thank you Gillian, for the opportunity of sharing.

Warmly,

Mafalda

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing @Mafalda Almeida! I am so curious to know more about your dream project.

I'm not sure if you've seen our Dream Support Team club; it's a space for sharing our dreams while inspiring and supporting one another. Feel free to join if you'd like to say more about what you're working on 🙂 

I am currently in a 14-day quarantine as I've travelled home to be with my family. So, a few things I am grateful for now include:

-An outdoor space to get some fresh air in

-Technology to keep me connected as well as inspired (online meditations, movement videos, etc.)

-Time to take pause from social engagements and outward activity

-A fiction book to get lost in, "Where the Crawdads Sing"

-Work to keep my mind engaged

That sounds lovely! I don't think I will make it your way this trip. Two weeks quarantine and then just under two to see friends and family in and around the city. But perhaps next time 🙂 Are you still enjoying it there in Midland?