Calm

Guided meditation

Hi!Wondwer if guided live meditations will be possible here that helps peeps with panic and anx.

• Like 1

@Calm I've just come across your thread here, hello!

I'm wondering if you've tried the resources here yet, or possibly found any other guided meditations that you've found helpful for panic and anxiety? :classic_smile:

• Like 2

I find the guided meditations from David Weiss very helpful and the Daisy Pond by The American Monk  (Burt Goldman) very helpful.  These are my first ones from about 40 years ago that I still like today.  I do a lot of youtube now with vibrational healing through music.  It just goes through my bones and feels amazing.  Music is my go to for meditation.  Blessings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Paige PIlege said:

I find the guided meditations from David Weiss very helpful and the Daisy Pond by The American Monk  (Burt Goldman) very helpful.  These are my first ones from about 40 years ago that I still like today.  I do a lot of youtube now with vibrational healing through music.  It just goes through my bones and feels amazing.  Music is my go to for meditation.  Blessings. 

Oh I'll have to look into that, thank you for sharing! Back when I practiced Buddhism locally I remember how amazing the vibrations felt during chants with the group. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• What great responses. All so very unique! Similar to David, what I do when I don't feel like meditating depends upon what is going on in mind and body (i.e. am I being stubborn or is my mind-body asking for something a bit different?). In any case, what I am learning to do each morning, regardless of what I 'feel' like, is to commit to some sort of 'tuning in' for at least 20 minutes. This might end up as formal meditation practice or it could end up being more expressive, such as journaling, dance, or yoga (i.e tuning in and seeing what pours out).
    • Hi Janelle! Wonderful to connect with you here. It was lovely to read your reflections on day 3 (noted about the mention of the 28-day challenge in the email! I will pass it on - thank you).  I'm Gillian, by the way - the community moderator. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I read in your other post that you wish to be more consistent with your practice. I definitely think the 100 day challenge will be great for that. Do you have any favourite practices or teachers of mindfulness?
    • If I don’t feel like meditating, before simply giving in I try to examine what is going on that has given rise to an aversion to meditating. Often that settles me right down, but if it doesn’t the next step for me is evaluating my affordable energy. If my tank is empty, then maybe I need sleep or a refreshing exercise. If I’m too agitated, I do some walking meditation or Tai Chi first. If aversion about something else seems to be the problem, then I meditate but start with practices to generate kindness and compassion. It usually makes being with aversion simply part of being what we are that I can regard with kind acceptance. Sometimes I seek out a rewarding interaction with another person before meditating or resolve to do so later. That seems to help tilt my perspective from being aversive to being more enthusiastically engaging. I really think a big part of developing enthusiasm for formal meditation practice is developing an attitude of friendship toward oneself and others, as challenging as that is for me. But, “challenging” is o.k. too. Boredom used to be an interesting challenge. When I would get bored I learned simply to meditate anyway and do two things—examine boredom and really ground my attention in other sensations of my body. So much would be going on aside from boredom.😊 Boredom off the cushion is harder for me because it seems to come down to things I wish I could change but cannot. I’m a bit of a doom scroller, but I also use the pent-up energy to read and try to better understand things, to better understand how we delude ourselves. LOL, that often leads me right back to the meditation cushion! 
    • “What do you do when you don't feel like meditating?” Then I don’t. 
    • Hello from Oregon.  My username describes the area I call home - and my everyday name is Janelle.  Just starting on the 100 Day Challenge (day 3 in the bag!).  Looking forward to popping in/out to see what is going on.  I do love seeing all the locales that people hail from - so wonderful.  
  • Recent Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.