ERB

Much to think about...

I really liked that quote. Seems to be a great reminder for the current state of the world.  Found it to be grounding.

‘It takes more than mindfulness’ really resonates with me.  I try to be thoughtful and intentional but never thought of delving Into mindfulness in this manner.  Would also be interested in hearing some examples of what falls into domain.  I think of limiting tv watching or having more quiet time but I’m not really sure...& I think there is more. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Hi @ERB! Thanks for your comments. Is it the James Baraz quote from the most recent Mindful Musings email that you're referring to? It is indeed very settling.

"Mindfulness is simply being aware of what is happening right now without wishing it were different; enjoying the pleasant without holding on when it changes (which it will); being with the unpleasant without fearing it will always be this way (which it won’t)." 
 James Baraz

And in regards to the notions that mindfulness alone is not enough:

Some examples I can think of would include being mindful of the environments we choose to be in, consciously choosing the way we talk and listen (in alignment with values like compassion and curiosity), being open to other perspectives (and finding grains of truth everywhere), and bringing more presence to our daily actions, such as brushing our teeth, eating a meal, and going for a walk. I also really like your mention of limiting tv/technology time. This is a big one for me.