Jeff Capenos

Jeff says, “Hi.”

Hi everyone - Thanks for the warm welcome into this group. I am happy and excited to be part of this, and begin learnIng from Sean and all of you as I deepen my practice to better serve others. I formally began meditating and studying Buddhism in the 1990s. I’m retired military and for the past few years been teaching yoga and now lead a small mindfulness group at work. Most of my yoga and mindfulness students are either military or retired military and now DoD civilians. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and checking out all the resources in here. Be safe and well out there.

• Like 3
  • Administrators

Welcome Jeff! It is wonderful to have you here and to connect. You have plenty of years of experience behind you that I look forward to learning from. 

What type of yoga do you teach? I teach classical Hatha.

Feel free to jump in on any forum that speaks to you 🙂

Hi Jeff, welcome aboard, i teach a blended version of ashtanga (8 limbs) with hatha yoga...yoga nidra is an awesome way to deal with ptsd that vets might be going through -

@Gillian Sanger i hadnt realised you teach yoga too ... that's awesome... why dont we all do zoom classes of yoga for each other? i upload the videos for free on my channel - but it would be great to actually set some real time teaching via the internet?

Welcome Jeff! I teach yoga (mostly to individual clients- I'm a psychologist) as well as mindfulness. I just finished a training called Path to Freedom with Fleet Maull and plan to volunteer and teach mindfulness, conflict resolution and other skills in women's prisons. 

I think zoom classes would be great! I attend those since my yoga studios have been closed due to the virus. 😉

20 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Lovely, soothing voice @yogawithpriyanka!

Zoom classes sound very interesting! I am not sure how much time I will be able to commit to that but maybe you could make a club or start a thread and see who would be interested? 🙂

thank you @Gillian Sanger i have recorded 7 and am working on 2 more.

we could do a rotation of one class  week, or every two weeks - or something ... i am assuming we are on different time zones - i am in eastern time...what time zones would is everyone else? is this doable? it would be awesome to actually connect face to face ?? and do a little yoga and meditation together - and share so that different teachers teach each other? and everyone is invited?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Just replied to your new thread about this 🙂

For anyone interested, see here:

I'm in Central Standard Time. Whatever we can make happen..

• Thanks 1
On 6/3/2020 at 11:35 AM, Jeff Capenos said:

Hi everyone - Thanks for the warm welcome into this group. I am happy and excited to be part of this, and begin learnIng from Sean and all of you as I deepen my practice to better serve others. I formally began meditating and studying Buddhism in the 1990s. I’m retired military and for the past few years been teaching yoga and now lead a small mindfulness group at work. Most of my yoga and mindfulness students are either military or retired military and now DoD civilians. I’m looking forward to getting to know you and checking out all the resources in here. Be safe and well out there.

Hello Jeff, nice to meet you.  It is hard to keep track of who I have met and not.  I began looking at Buddhism and meditating in the late 80's.  It is wonderful for you to do this for military retired.  I bet there are not many that do.  I love that idea.  Sometimes it is hard to determine who to help and focus on to help the most.  This is wonderful of you.  I teach Chinese Medical Qigong and Mindfulness Meditation.  I have few students but many I chat with and help online through various media.  It is a daily thing. I have to go fishing to get helping others out of my mind a bit of a break.  The resources here are wonderful and very useful.  I am working on getting into a deeper form of mindfulness of not only presence but emotionally present.  Working with Sean is so nice.  I am having a great time.   Hope to see more of your postings.   Blessings.