Thank you. i like that quote. I am not a bad person but sometimes I guess I am bad at siding with my own species although not totally. I like that you thought of me in that context and I would have to agree with your last thought. Sad but true. It is interesting he said that because he used animals for some things too if I am correct-more for science purposes but that too is never OK in my book. I think that he is right though. People who care about animals are often kinder to other people even if we do not like a lot of what they do. i am very nice to people but the ones who abuse and kill animals have brought out a very ugly side in me.Thank you for sharing that with me. I hope you are well. Are you working during all this craziness?

18 hours ago, Jo L said:

Faune you are far from a bad human. In a class I'm taking I read an article about Darwin and how he postulated that humans who developed kindness and feelings of protectiveness toward "lower" species such as animals and plants were more highly evolved. He stated that "this virtue [concern for lower animals] one of the noblest with which man is endowed, seems to arise incidentally from our sympathies becoming more tender and more widely diffused, until they extend to all sentient beings." Naturally I thought of you right away. You, my dear, are highly evolved. Humans in general, on the other hand, may have taken a step backwards. 

Beautiful reflection and offering Jo! ❤️ 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:41 PM, Faune said:

I have found some practices that I amusing, one being a metta one. I just need to find the right ones. If it is warm in the morning I sit on the porch and "use" the birds to help me. I do give myself credit for having stuck with it all for as long as I have because it would have been all to easy for me to toss in the towel. Also i have this habit of doing something for awhile and one day i just stop. It is not a conscious effort-I just do it. Thanks for the encouragement.

@Faunehere's a metta meditation for you to check out ... see if it resonates

• Like 1

The photo alone makes me want to try it. Thanks,  Priyanka, for sharing this one. i will try it. I did a loving kindness one this morning but I had a bad night so a little more can only help.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Faune said:

The photo alone makes me want to try it. Thanks,  Priyanka, for sharing this one. i will try it. I did a loving kindness one this morning but I had a bad night so a little more can only help.

Hey Faune,

I am sorry to hear you had a tough night. Sending you warm wishes and yes, I would agree - a little more loving kindness is always a lovely thing. 🌷

19 hours ago, yogawithpriyanka said:

@Faunehere's a metta meditation for you to check out ... see if it resonates

I love how you use the birds Faune- they sing so beautifully, sometimes I think they are here for us to remind us how to feel joy!

Beautiful picture! Love it

11 minutes ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Hey Faune,

I am sorry to hear you had a tough night. Sending you warm wishes and yes, I would agree - a little more loving kindness is always a lovely thing. 🌷

I'm with Gillian, sorry you had a tough night. I have an idea (everyone try this!)  Close your eyes (not until after you read this😁 Wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug. Say to yourself  slowly (silently or outloud) by name, I love you. I'm here for you. I'm listening. I see you. ( Repeat as many times as you want) 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Jo and Gillian. The short story is I bought the wrong house on the wrong road and for almost 4 years i have spent too much time obsessing about it for various reasons. I have spent too many nights like this but not as many as before. Often I can get myself out of obsessing but not always. It happens in the day too but days are easier. It is my greatest source of stress.  I am working on that loving and kindness thing and did one this morning but was distracted between the dog, cats, and my new friend, a raccoon who comes at least twice a day for a snack. I think she will come into the house if I let her-I won't! Still I did it.

We certainly do benefit from those beautiful birds, Jo. They bring joy to those wise enough to appreciate them.

I hope you both have a wonderful day and i do appreciate our thoughts. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2020 at 1:41 PM, Faune said:

I have found some practices that I amusing, one being a metta one. I just need to find the right ones. If it is warm in the morning I sit on the porch and "use" the birds to help me. I do give myself credit for having stuck with it all for as long as I have because it would have been all to easy for me to toss in the towel. Also i have this habit of doing something for awhile and one day i just stop. It is not a conscious effort-I just do it. Thanks for the encouragement.

@Faune I also love nature in the mornings with a cup of hot tea.  I used to. It has been hard to get back to that this summer. Perhaps In The winter.   I have a lifetime of starting and stopping things. That’s ok.  Changes occur all the time. The thing is. How long does it take for you to go back to it.  If it benefits you hopefully always returning. That is what makes it a daily habit.  No worries when stop. Just begin thinking of starting again.  For me lately, it is turn the tv off and do something.  I always have something else to do.  Lol. And you may need the rest. In order to keep a habit a person falls off every so often. Realizing the big benefit then to start back. I feel this is what keeps me going. Knowing I can start again tomorrow.  
I totally understand how you feel.  Do not judge the action of stopping and starting consider it part of the process.  I hope today is good for you. 

• Like 1

I started to write a while ago but just found it sitting here. I have used that meditation, Priyanka, and thank you for it. I really need to be doing more and more. 

I was just going to pop in to say hello. I saw a moose the other day and was very excited and there are two beavers down the road who I watch almost every night. Those are the highlights of my life right now. I hope all are well.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Faune said:

I started to write a while ago but just found it sitting here. I have used that meditation, Priyanka, and thank you for it. I really need to be doing more and more. 

I was just going to pop in to say hello. I saw a moose the other day and was very excited and there are two beavers down the road who I watch almost every night. Those are the highlights of my life right now. I hope all are well.

Lovely to hear from you Faune - and so nice to hear that you are able to bear witness to these animals. Beautiful highlights!

22 hours ago, Faune said:

@Faune you;re welcome...its clear that you take great joy in nature...its so wonderful that you are able to focus on all the amazing things in your life... its refreshing to read your posts as it makes pause and enjoy nature that sometimes gets taken for granted...

i am waiting to see a moose and beaver .... that's so exciting... i have seen the cardinals, and blue jays and love the starlings here -  but the moose and beaver, are such an integral part of canada -- there's an island in india called ross island - google it sometime - its in the andaman and nicobar region and i spent two and a half months there, visiting as many islands as i could...but ross was beautiful - a day visit, cannot spend the night there - and it has deer and peacocks and peahens living there...i managed to get a picture of a peacock spreading its feathers and dancing on the trail - will try and share it one of these days..

sorry to hear about the wrong house...what makes it wrong? my husband and i are planning to buy a house fout in the boondocks - and looking to buy a few acres - to be more immersed in nature...trees and wildlife...those are the best parts of life...

Nature is my salvation and the only thing that keeps me sane  because truly (not looking for pity here) the rest is not great. The road is loud although beautiful and I stressed out so much trying to move from my city of 46 years that I did not see all that is wrong with the house. Too long to go into. I think moving to someplace peaceful with a few acres is an excellent idea which you will love.

i will have to  look up Ross island. I have a friend in India who was sending me pictures of the peacocks but they were not roaming rural areas but the city streets as well as the deer. Before that when people were still out and about she sent me a photo of a cow eating the dog's food-meat of all things. 

You will love living in nature I think. I may have moved to the wrong place-not sure about the state yet, it is a mixed bag-but i drive home seeing mountains and seeing the occasional wild animal. I do have raccoons who come to my house every day. Cheeky little beings they are. If you find a tree that looks right try giving it a hug. it is a lovely feeling. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faune said:

Nature is my salvation and the only thing that keeps me sane  because truly (not looking for pity here) the rest is not great. The road is loud although beautiful and I stressed out so much trying to move from my city of 46 years that I did not see all that is wrong with the house. Too long to go into. I think moving to someplace peaceful with a few acres is an excellent idea which you will love.

i will have to  look up Ross island. I have a friend in India who was sending me pictures of the peacocks but they were not roaming rural areas but the city streets as well as the deer. Before that when people were still out and about she sent me a photo of a cow eating the dog's food-meat of all things. 

You will love living in nature I think. I may have moved to the wrong place-not sure about the state yet, it is a mixed bag-but i drive home seeing mountains and seeing the occasional wild animal. I do have raccoons who come to my house every day. Cheeky little beings they are. If you find a tree that looks right try giving it a hug. it is a lovely feeling. 

yes, nature rules in india- i miss my home very much and the unstructured way things are...where in india is your friend from? i have travelled extensively in India - and each place is like a different country, with different language, customs, and cuisines... 

and yes -  i lived in new delhi which also has peacocks in some parts of the city - infact i was teaching at the austral high commission and there were peacocks right out side on the balcony ... i have a picture somewhere... and yes...dogs are all over the streets - one has to be careful of course as they bite sometimes...but i have never had a bad experience and usually feed them biscuits ...and befriend them.

i will give the trees a hug for you... take care and be safe....

My friend, Shanta, is from Bengal but has been staying with her daughter for the past few months. I can not remember where she lives but now she and her husband are unable to get back to Bengal because of the virus. It sounds like you say-different in each part you go to. Where she lives the dogs are well taken care of by the people but as you know that is not always the case. She has told me of how she would go out to eat at the vendors that line the streets and it sounds like so much fun. I read something the other day about how valuable trees are there for the vendors in particular because they are out in the heat all day. She loves India but abhors Modi and his regime which she has told me about on many occasions. Trump's pal-how good could he really be?

Enjoy the hug. I really must make more of an effort to have a tree hug. I used to have them in the woods behind my house but since my Henry died I can not go up there without him. Now I walk to the pond down the road to see the geese in the morning and Frankie, the old dachshund, and I walk down the other way later on.

You as well.