Ekerette

Introduction

Hello everyone I'm Ekerette

I don't know if anyone here knows what it feels like to have been habitually not mindful? That's who I was. 

I'm hoping that by meeting, learning and sharing here I'll accelerate my development  and contribute to others around. 

Kind regards. 

• Like 3

Hello @Ekerette,

Welcome to the club. Yes, I know eactly what it feels like to be habitually not mindful. I still experience that state. In fact, when I become hyper busy in life, I seem to turn off from being mindful and then re-enter that state when the busy time ends.

I am looking forward to following your posts.

Kind Regards,

Gene

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ekerette said:

Hello everyone I'm Ekerette

I don't know if anyone here knows what it feels like to have been habitually not mindful? That's who I was. 

I'm hoping that by meeting, learning and sharing here I'll accelerate my development  and contribute to others around. 

Kind regards. 

Hi Ekerette,

Welcome! I certainly know what it's like to be not mindful- in fact that's how I spent most of my life- numb and distracted. Yoga and meditation have been lifesavers, as has Buddhism. So glad you joined!

Jo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrators

Welcome @Ekerette! It is so wonderful to have you here.

Becoming mindful of how unmindful we have been is such a turning point. I look forward to hearing more about your insights and experiences in the forum. Feel free to share anywhere else you feel called to.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Welcome @Ekerette! It is so wonderful to have you here.

Becoming mindful of how unmindful we have been is such a turning point. I look forward to hearing more about your insights and experiences in the forum. Feel free to share anywhere else you feel called to.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

Thanks Gillian, mindfulness is living.

@Ekerette  I totally understand.  I know I was not mindful.  I was getting aware or opening up, as they say.  For the 30 years of marriage I am not sure what it was.  Letting life just happen being numb and dumb?  But after about 4 things happened that were terrible to me after a horrible gut feeling, I understood what intuition was.  Then as depression and all sorts of uncontrollable emotions were playing, I left it all go mainly because I had no clue what anything was.  Was it me? the world?  am I in a dream? my dreams were terrible?  being a journaler I figured it out that it was all messages coming to me about something I did not want to admit.  I would be married and was the wrong thing.  I was so convinced life was like that.  Horrible.  Emotionally unstable the whole way.  After the divorce it became obvious my intuition was telling me for 30 years to let it go.  My health declined until then.  I was not mindful in the fact that I would picture how things were to be and then make it that way.  My intuition and sensing was so strong I would work from that, no matter what.  Hyperly so.  Doing projects that were unreasonable.  No limitations.  Do everything.  After wearing myself totally down with the family and him.  Finishing that life at 48 was the best thing.  Then Zen wellness and this finishes out the mindful living in so much comfort.  I truly feel that living to 108 is my destiny so the first 50 were my learning years.  Now I am learning, but living at the same time.  Share whatever you wish.  Safety here is wonderful.  Stay safe and blessings for you.