Gillian Sanger

What is one insight or remembrance that you have encountered during this pandemic?

This week's question asks:

What is one insight or remembrance that you have encountered during this pandemic?

This time is really giving us much to reflect on - such as how we relate to one another, how we relate to the earth, what things are most important in life, where do we want to go from here, and so on and so on. So I'm curious:

Have any insights arisen during these past few weeks?
Has a previously discovered 'knowing' returned to your awareness during this pandemic?

For myself, these past few weeks have reminded me of what I feel life is about. It's created within me a deeper sense of where I want to go from here - and that is towards a life that is deeply attuned to nature. My yearning to live in the country is growing stronger and I am feeling a growing urge to garden - to tend to the land in loving and nourishing ways. This moment of 'pause' has also reminded me of the necessity of silence. Despite the world slowing down in many ways, it seems there is more noise being created (i.e. via social media and the news). I am remembering the beauty of silence.

How about you?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

This week's question asks:

This time is really giving us much to reflect on - such as how we relate to one another, how we relate to the earth, what things are most important in life, where do we want to go from here, and so on and so on. So I'm curious:

Have any insights arisen during these past few weeks?
Has a previously discovered 'knowing' returned to your awareness during this pandemic?

For myself, these past few weeks have reminded me of what I feel life is about. It's created within me a deeper sense of where I want to go from here - and that is towards a life that is deeply attuned to nature. My yearning to live in the country is growing stronger and I am feeling a growing urge to garden - to tend to the land in loving and nourishing ways. This moment of 'pause' has also reminded me of the necessity of silence. Despite the world slowing down in many ways, it seems there is more noise being created (i.e. via social media and the news). I am remembering the beauty of silence.

How about you?

@Gillian SangerI am also noticing the urge to be in the country.  That need has subsided because we live on a dead end and the traffic and kids are gone.  The animals and the wind is heard much more.  I can open the windows and let the nice breeze in.  It has dawned on me just where I need to focus for my business needs to others.   I have gained energy and much more sleep due to my husband getting more normal hours.   I am benefiting from the different meditations offered in different areas.  I value my quiet time as much as before and even more.  I feel I can breathe so much better.  Is it me or is the world a bit shinier?   The news for me is about the same.  I still do not watch it much and I hear enough from so many I chose to get updates just from locally.  So far I am loving it.    Have a great day 

• Thanks 1

Hi @Gillian Sangerand @Paige PIlege,

Thanks for starting this thread.  I have similar thoughts to the ones you shared. I think this pandemic has been an opportunity for me to pause, breath and reflect. I am reminded that the magic of life is in the moment. I am also reminded that it is important that everyone reaches out and takes care of our friends, family, and neighbours. We are all in this together.

• Like 2

Happy Earth Day to all...and especially to Mama Gaia.  May we walk lightly upon her.

I am new to the community and am so grateful to be here.  For me, this pandemic and the sheltering in place has given me pause...literally and figuratively.  I am someone who usually is on 'go' most of the day (save for my sacred early morning meditation and exercise).  I am a single mom, with a demanding career in urban education, and in the usual day to day, time seems to fly by without many moments for reflection.

Since I now am teaching remotely, as well as homeschooling my two kids, the days are still busy...but there is a certain slower rhythm I have uncovered.  No where to rush off to..which allows for more space to slow down and pay attention.  To linger with my daughter's morning hugs, to smell the fresh brewed coffee, to listen to the birds outside since without so much city noise, their song is more prominent in the soundscape.  I am very grateful for this slowing down.  

It is the very thing that gave me the time and space to come to this place of learning, growth, and community.

May all being know peace, ease, safety, and good health.

Rachel 

• Like 3

Compassion. 

I feel that we should use this experience as an opportunity to look after each other and especially to share what we can spare with others and resist the urge to hoard more food and necessities than we truly need.

• Like 2

Absolutely @Steve. This time is certainly calling us to realize how interconnected we are and to tap into that sense of shared humanity. When we come from the heart, we're better able to support all beings.

Happy (day late) Earth day to you @Rachel and to all others! It is wonderful to hear that this time has helped you to slow down in many ways. What part of the world are you in? I'm in Stockholm and so spring is fully unravelling itself now. I'm noticing the birds coming back into song, as well as the aromatic scent of the fresh earth of the woods. It is a wonderful time to take pause and to tune back in with intent.

• Like 1

I’ve noticed that people are more friendly and spare the time to say good morning 

• Like 2

I notice that my energy has returned and my total intent on teaching Qigong and helping others.  It is wonderful to be back in and part of that community as well as this one that directly correlates with my practice.  I am grateful.  Friendly people surround me.  I can decide what to do and where to be.  No one else decides.  Very freeing.  

v

• Like 1

For those of us who are living alone, I felt this was a welcome invitation to be in tune and comfortable with yourself as company. For those of us in a city, to welcome a new type of silence and stillness (without having to take a trip to a rural area to experience). I've been reenergized creatively because I've had a significant mental rest from noise pollution, social responsibilities, etc. 

• Like 1

@David - I have also noticed this as if humility is rising and we are realizing how connected and interdependent we really are.

@Ro H. - So lovely to hear that you have felt called into deeper silence and presence! Over the past couple of weeks I've been feeling somewhat overwhelmed by social media and the news; despite the slowing down of the world, it felt to me as if things were getting louder. So I have committed to taking some time away from social media and to limiting my news consumption as a way of fostering that deeper silence I am craving. I'm just a few days in now and feeling inspired by it already.

• Like 2

Another insight is the fact that I have clearly defined whom I will be helping on their journey of transformation and enlightening.  Woman especially that are lost in the anger of abuse and a world that seems against them when stuck in a situation.  It is become clear to me there are many that are misled over and over and need someone to help direct to the easiest route for them, the individual.  

I also am limiting myself to much of the news and extra outgoing.  Some people are plain confused as to the purpose of their life, judging and questioning others to motives.  Motives really have no matter in the situation.  Only to be confusing.  It is sad.  

@Paige PIlege - that is wonderful that you've been able to uncover your niche! Have I mentioned Dr. Harriet Lerner's book 'The Dance of Anger' before? That was a very powerful read for me that could be a great resource for your work as well!

• Like 1