Gillian Sanger

In what ways do you sense you are being called to grow or evolve?

This week's question asks:

In what ways do you sense you are being called to grow or evolve?

There is a big shift happening in our human collective at this moment. With this in mind - and with any other life factors that are present for you - in what ways are you being called to grow, to evolve, or to explore a new way of being?

• Like 1

I mentioned in another post that I have lately felt a call to embrace chanting and kirtan. For me, this feels like a call from my heart to move deeper into it. When I chant, the thinking mind slips away; I surrender what is 'rational', what makes 'sense', as I come into the particular mantra I am repeating. So in this way, I feel that at the moment I am being called to 1) come back into my heart in a deeper way (I've also been practicing loving kindness) and 2) to surrender the thinking mind a little bit more - to come back into my body.

I work in the Education system as an Educational Assistant. I have offered to work off site on our Stress management and Wellness page through our Student success page. I am a certified mindful facilitator and so my Head of my department has called upon each of us to contribute in some way to get through these trying times and mine is mindfulness and stress reduction for students. It has given me a better understanding of the times ahead and how our students and their families are affected and an opportunity to share knowledge of stress reduction. My growth here is realizing that at this moment it is out of my control but with in my control is how I react and manage myself. Offering support on how to manage stress and anxiety has given me a great sense of purpose with my school and my role. I have been practicing loving kindness and compassion. It has help me come back to my heart, deeper thinking 

• Like 2

Beautiful @Jacquelyn Rogstad. Yes, I do think that 'surrender' is a big one for a lot of us - and coming back to the heart for sure. These times are reminding us of what is important - and that often (or always?) leads us back into the heart.

• Like 1

I am being called to create world wide friends in networking business and it is going very well.  I feel the need to grow in the area of coming out. Or being live more.  I plan to get youtube figured out and am planning a Live show on FB or other area.  Youtube possibly to speak with a partner and the two of us answer questions on specific topics.  I love doing introductions and hearing about everyone.  I feel my business lifting off soon with Mindful Meditations, and Qigong practice for all ages.  Very exciting.  If I do not let fear step in.  Normally I don't but now finding the time is very practical.  No more excuses.  I feel signs are coming my way to get this accomplished soon.  I have to say, I do not remember having so much to do and having fun.  

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 10:07 AM, Gillian Sanger said:

I mentioned in another post that I have lately felt a call to embrace chanting and kirtan. For me, this feels like a call from my heart to move deeper into it. When I chant, the thinking mind slips away; I surrender what is 'rational', what makes 'sense', as I come into the particular mantra I am repeating. So in this way, I feel that at the moment I am being called to 1) come back into my heart in a deeper way (I've also been practicing loving kindness) and 2) to surrender the thinking mind a little bit more - to come back into my body.

Hi Gillian. How do you practice Bhakti Yoga/Kirtan at home? Are you using a YouTube video or chanting with some other aid?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mindfulness With Robyn said:

Hi Gillian. How do you practice Bhakti Yoga/Kirtan at home? Are you using a YouTube video or chanting with some other aid?

Great question Robyn! I have been watching live-streamed videos of daily chants and Friday kirtan led by the teachers with whom I studied Hatha Yoga. As of now they are live streaming daily at 6pm (Stockholm time). Most days they offer a single chant (sometimes with the Hanuman Challsa) but on Friday's they do a full kirtan.
https://www.facebook.com/LoveEvolveAwaken/

• Like 3

I am working very hard to get a schedule together.  Soon my first paid classes will begin, I am hoping for full weeks and months this summer.  So far going well.  2p m -F and 11am m-th and 7pm Mon, Tues, Thurs;  and still filling in times.  Busy, busy.  

• Like 1

I am a middle school counselor.  When I think of how I can best support students now, in our distance learning paradigm, mindfulness exercises, healthy living and eating tips and meditation stand out.  Pouring goodness and heathly mindset concepts into children and being a model myself can support social-emotional growth, relationship building, resilience, a kinder planet, lower stress and raise vibrations.  These benefits can last a lifetime and increase positive coping tools children have at the ready.

One student shared after our virtual guided meditation that he felt more relaxed.  I feel I will be being successful if I am supporting greater relaxation,  sense of groundedness, resilience and efficacy via guided meditation.

• Like 2

@Gerry     I agree with you.  Students need to see that they are not left to themselves or alienated since school is not opening.  Staying in contact and extending practices that could continue when school resumes.  Hopefully, meditation will be a welcome piece of humanity growth.  

I am happy to say my schedule is getting so much better as I work with Sean, reading the book for book club and realizing just how I did get to where I am.  I made it.  I am free and at peace.   Blessings.  

• Like 1

@Gerry - I really like the notion of 'being a model myself'. I've been reflecting a lot about the world and am feeling this growing desire to deepen my own embodiment of peace through small actions, such as reducing plastic usage, buying locally grown veg, and cultivating community more both here and in my family and friend circles. 

Working on living intentionally. Being more mindful of how I talk to people, think about myself and others and intentionally abstaining from talk that can cause inner or outer harm. I am practicing with these cards a teacher gave me for the path of a Bodhisatva. Really powerful stuff. It is most helpful in that I am being more intentional on the front end instead of doing the habitual thing and then feeling remorse, guilty, shameful and thinking i need to try harder. This puts me in front of the habit, I guess. I don't know if I am articulating this in a way that makes sense to anyone else. But, does it need to? Ha-ha!

• Like 1

@Mindfulness With Robyn - Makes sense to me! 😄

Wonderful practice and a great 'calling' to hear and follow. Are the cards something we might be able to order for ourselves? If you have a link to where we might find them, feel free to share.