Gillian Sanger

Teaching Mindfulness in Healthcare Settings

• Administrators

Has anyone taught mindfulness within the healthcare system? Or, are you a healthcare professional that interweaves your mindfulness practice into the way you interact with and care for patients?

Post any tips, insights, or questions you might have about teaching within this sector.

I have a practice at home I teach others.  Many of my clients are elderly and are concerned with the fact that aging and stress keeps from living fully in life.  By doing weekly meditations it helps them set back and daily remind themselves to take time to awaken without the busy mind and worry.  

Recently it seems spreading like wildfire.  I sense it is the virus scare that has brought people into the reality that life does  not need to be the way it is, when it is painful or hurtful as with emotions.  So I love helping others at a very reasonable price.  

I am looking forward to opening up a studio for children as well when things settle down some.  

• Like 1

I am a primary care physician and trained MBSR teacher . I also did trainings with Dr rick Hanson and positive neuroplasticity and i am now doing some polyvagal theory webinars with deb dana . The stress in the surgery for the patients and staff is massive at the moment and my trainings are really helping me and the patients . id love to hear how others mix the two areas . i teach mindfulness and mediation classes outside of my day job . currently doing it on line . its working well . Im teaching outside my day job as a dr as mindfulnessyourway.ie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Paige , I'm glad to be back in connection with you all . Ive been busy with working in the surgery and homeschooling ,and trying to get the mindfulness classes up on line . the classes are the only thing keeping me on the path at the moment . although i think over the last week or two there's some realisation that Covid stress in my workplace has taken some of my energy away ! Hope everyone is keeping we'll all over the world . keep safe xx

• Like 1

Dr. Fiona, were you aware of the recent "Mindful Healthcare Summit"?

In case you were not, here is the link to purchase the Events for Life:

https://www.mindfulhealthcaresummit.com/training-package-2020/

It was very enlightening since I use to work in Healthcare for over 11 years..Dr. Rick Hanson Participated, Daniel Goleman, Ph. D., Richie Davidson, Ph. D. and many others...I understand they have scholarships too. 

Hope that helps...

Namaste!