Gillian Sanger

What gifts do you have to offer your community?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What gifts do you have to offer your community?

At all times – but especially during these times of global uncertainty – we can nourish our collective wellbeing by tapping into the unique gifts we each carry. What might some of those things be for you? How might you share those gifts with loved ones or your community?

No one has answered this, yet. 
I think we have a cultural misconception that prevents people from acknowledging or publicly acknowledging their own strengths. It's misinterpreted as "ego," or something. 
It is my belief that kindness to ourselves and to others can help us get over that. 
In answer to your question, I am in a fortunate position to organize fundraisers and create digital portals to organize fundraisers. So, with my community (I teach Pilates at a yoga studio) we are able to create events (currently all virtual, of course) that help people take care of their health and wellness, while also donating to local causes that are really in need right now. 

• Like 2

i have offered free yoga and meditation via facebook livestream  to my friends and family, Post that I upload the video to my youtube channel - as a way for people to access them. Although i have shared my posts here and on other public forums, and am hoping for more engagement. i just deleted the previous yoga videos as they were not great sound quality  and the video is average...but there are some great guided meditations...

I am also exploring fundraising for an ngo that is helping migrant workers who have been treated worse than garbage in india by the indian government, however they can only get funds from indians - so i have asked them to look at adding a way for them to get money from abroad (as i am living in canada at the moment).

Edited by yogawithpriyanka
add link
  • Like 2

HI all,

I am offering care and support to all the Program Managers I am working at my Settlement Service organization.  They are working on the front lines to support vulnerable and at risk Immigrants and Newcomers in the midst of our COVID 19 pandemic. 

Edited by Gene Williams
  • Like 2

I volunteer my services as a coach everyday to people to help with any of their concerns.  I reach at least one a day.  I am sending out free lavender seeds just because.  I try to help in anyway possible.  I just helped create a website for a friend.  I offer help in social media and networking small businesses.  I have volunteered at ticket taker, greeter and in gift department at Joslin Art Museum that was fun.  Physically helping people I am not able to do because of injury.  Solutions to Life coaching I do with about everyone I speak with.. My group I do live meditations and will soon be video taping.    I love meeting people and inspiring them always to grow to their greatest potential.  Whether it is a business owner or finding out their purpose in life.  This is my life purpose. 

• Like 2