Gillian Sanger

Coronavirus - Mindfulness practices for fear, overwhelm, compassion, and grief

Staying away from unnecessary news updates. Nicer weather here helps me feel better. It seems that for me, right now, being focused on how to connect with my classes online is a learning experience that keeps my mind engaged. I also notice I am looking at "SLP" s ..... Silver Lining Possibilities. Clearly, things aren't going the way I planned or wanted right now, but I am blessed with my good health, and safe surroundings. I count my blessings and practice gratitude. Then I keep my mind open to possibilities based on what is here right now.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Mike Goins said:

Clearly, things aren't going the way I planned or wanted right now, but I am blessed with my good health, and safe surroundings. I count my blessings and practice gratitude. Then I keep my mind open to possibilities based on what is here right now.

Thank you for sharing @Mike Goins. I think that's a wonderful skill to have - to be able to hold awareness of 'yes, things aren't going as I'd hoped they would' alongside appreciation for what we do have and for what new possibilities are presenting themselves.

If you have anything else you'd like to share (or want to elaborate on this), I decided to start a thread for sharing gratitude during these challenging times. Thanks for the inspiration on that!

What a lovely idea!

That is something I would love to do! In these odd times though, I am one that happens to have more daily responsibilities now. I am solely responsible now for this sweet lady with dementia. We are here  now in this house (her house)in quarantine together. But that sounds like something great do do before I pursue a new job when this is all over!

Thank you for posting that Gillian!

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing @luma - This is a really great reminder that we are all experiencing this crisis in different ways. Some of us have more time, some of us less - and all for a range of reasons.

I do hope you get to have that self-retreat at some point in the near future 🙂

• Like 1

Does anyone have any tips for mindfully discussing the coronavirus with friends and loved ones? I've found it to be a very polarizing topic as many are developing strong opinions and beliefs.

I also wanted to share this article by Charles Eisenstein. It's 9000 words (so a lengthy read) but in my own opinion, very much worth it. He raises really important questions, approaching the coronavirus from curiosity and opportunity rather than from fear and control. If anyone reads it, I would love to hear your thoughts! https://charleseisenstein.org/essays/the-coronation/

Thank you for the link, Gillian. I must confess I had never heard of this man before. Thank you so much for broadening my horizons! I'll read it when I get time.

• Like 1

If anyone is looking for an online group or meditation gathering during this time, this article lists 13 different groups that are holding online meditation sessions, talks, and workshops.

If you join in for any of them, I'd love to hear how it was for you!

https://mindfulnessexercises.com/online-mindfulness-meditation-groups-to-join-during-covid-19/

Thank you for all of these great resources! There is an online 5-day Embodied Yoga Summit for free (donations go to Peace in Schools, WHO-Covid-10 Solidarity Response Fund and Tree Sisters) from 4/22-4/26 (all day long!) the link is: httpsL://www.embodiedyogasummit.com/

Yoga is a great way to deal with stress and be grounded, connecting body, mind and spirit. The classes range from sound healing, meditation, heart alignment, etc. Wide range of really interesting classes. I'm looking forward to it! There are about 9 classes per day, and you can look at the schedule and pick and choose which ones you'd like to attend. The teachers are from all over and very well-respected. I'm gonna go hard core and try to attend all of them, but we'll see how well that works! There are 3 bonus classes available anytime as soon as you register. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are most welcome! the amount of classes they offer is overwhelming, but you can simply read the descriptions and pick and choose💃

• Like 2

Hello everyone,  I haven't had a moment until today to actually sit and respond to all my friends here.  

When this came about I really thought about it and didn't feel that there is a real emergence.  Yes, very serious as all illnesses are.  I feel that some people were very slack at cleanliness and respect for certain things.  This came about to MAKE people see certain human things that are rights and that should be noticed with GRATITUDE. 

When this is over there will be many more moving towards the gratefulness and the mindfulness.  Heart changing situations.  Knowing who your friends are because of responses during this.  I stayed home and honored this.  Of course with a broken ankle recovery; i guess it is, I will always have a problem standing, walking so it was easy for me.  

AS with all information once it goes down the grapevine and those that honor it and those that don't will create an unstable environment if left be.   Some places are having serious reactions.  Luckily here in NE, deaths are very, very low.  Like 80, so not a problem here.  BUT, the people that feel imposed upon are still there.  

I have spent the last month calming and teaching the fact of relaxing and seeing it for what it is.  A wonderful experience to have and come out of.  I had one instance that it bothered me that others were so bothered by it.  Instead of one that is unsolvable.  Revamping certain parts of the country and world is not a bad thing.  No matter if it is or not. it is our reaction to it that will justify the results. 

I am doing just fine during this.  

I am giving out free lavender compliments of Zenza Rocks.  I have lavender seeds to plant or put in for smelling.  I slept til 3pm so it put me to sleep and the wonderful dreams I had.     I am meditating twice a day.  

Blessings and peace, 

Paige 

• Like 1