Gillian Sanger

In what concrete ways has mindfulness changed your life?

This week's question asks:

In what concrete ways has mindfulness changed your life?

Consider the shifts in your life - both big and small - that you attribute to your mindfulness practice. You might mention that mindfulness helped you to land a dream job by helping you to overcome fear and anxiety; or, perhaps it improved a specific relationship in your life. Whatever tangible changes mindfulness has led to for you, feel free to share them with us here.

• Like 1

I am currently discovering the world of mindfulness, learning a lot from this website, new concepts,
exercises, meditation, but specifically meditating daily helps me a lot to manage my stress at work 
and has  improved my sleep.
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing @Paola V.! That's wonderful that the concepts and exercises have helped with stress management and sleep. Have you stumbled upon this article yet? It outlines some of the ways that meditation helps with sleep and includes some practices that are useful before bed - https://mindfulnessexercises.com/how-to-meditate-into-sleep/

Which of types of practices do you tend to use for sleep and/or stress?

Mindfulness has helped me become more aware of how I react when I get the thought, "what is he thinking" "why is nothing being done" things like that.  It creates doubt and questions grow.  Being mindful that what I was feeling was a bit neglected by him.  So I took it upon myself to approach instead of waiting and stewing about something.  

So I am more mindful of how I react to certain situations.  If I notice my own feelings I can act differently and be more responsible of creating happiness for myself and others.  Better communication with friends.  I actually feel like I have friends now instead of people that come and go.  Real friends.  I am so grateful. 

I am mindful when I stretch before going to sleep.  This loosens muscles and relaxes the stress causing tightness.  Many nights I listen to very slow and relaxing music on youtube is the best.  Soon I will create my own, with my horn I love to play, still love the sound of.  Talking and discussing my day helps me to feel the day is done and time to sleep.  A routine of sorts. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• I'm so glad...I can relate, I notice my throat chakra (not sure if you're familiar with chakras) closing up if I have something difficult to say, or if there's a message, whether coming from someone else or from my own psyche, that I'm having a difficult time listening to.  Or, I'll notice my throat getting dry or developing a bit of a cough. It's interesting to pay attention to the quality of your throat on various occasions. It really is affected by communication- both given and received. To open my throat, I practice what my yoga teacher called a "wolf howl": inhale through your nose, then exhale through your mouth as you tilt your head upward, exposing your throat, extending your chin forward and pursing your lips so you sort of make a circle with your mouth. I picture calming wind flowing from my heart through my throat. It really helps! 
    • Awesome - his son wrote the 5th agreement ... i forgot to recommend the very controversial osho's book - the empty boat - it really resonated. There's also a great set of spiritual movies i would love to recommend but will share that as a link... My favorite movie is  Kumare... https://priyankadevigupta.weebly.com/choosepeace.html  
    • I guess it is no coincidence that we are all circling around the same few books...I also have The Body Keeps the Score on my nightstand and leaf through it now and then to reread something that was of use when I read it the first time. I definitely see the perspectives of both @David Weiskopf and @Jo L in that considering who we may be guiding is important as well as the honesty and sincerity of our tone and invitation.  Both for me are ongoing parts of my own practices, and even how I think before regularly interacting with others.  Being present with whomever it may be that I am speaking with and being aware of my tone of voice, word choice, etc...really mirrors what I hope to be when in practice with others. Appreciate the dialogue here.  Be safe and well, all. Rachel
    • I do not mind at all. I have never met herald I know very little. Giving birth as a single mother in the 50's was shameful and I am guessing she was in Hassidic community in NY given the part of the city so that was even worse. That part is speculation. I did look for her but never found her. I can not say that I am not disappointed that  did not (potentially get to grow up in that community but they would not have accepted me anyway. Ask anything you want to. I appreciate your consideration.
    • So cool. I actually was going to ask you about your name, because I thought maybe you had changed your name to Faune given your love for animals and nature! I love the intuitiveness of your birth mother- she knew.  Forgive me if this is too intrusive- and please feel free to decline to answer- but did you ever meet her or do you know anything about her?
  • Recent Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.