cocontti

Online meditation/mindfulness practices

Hello!

For quite some time I’ve been looking for some online courses/study material/apps, etc. that could help me find out more about mindfulness, different practices to use. I mostly found material and info about meditation, breathing exercises, yoga practices and more. Some apps even had music selection for if you’re having problems sleeping, among other things like psychological advice for your mental health.
I tried out a few apps like Headspace, Breethe, Calm and Yours App to see what it’s like. I admit, at first I had my doubts since I haven’t had a really positive experience with online meditation before, but these apps really made an impression on me and changed my mind about technology. I always thought it impossible to use apps for meditation and mindfulness as in my mind - the peace and quiet doesn’t really go hand in hand with technology.

I had a great experience and I’m sure that there are many people around here who are looking for something that could help them out with practicing meditation/mindfulness and improving their wellness, so these mindfulness apps might be something worth trying. At least for me, they were really helpful.

I’m interested - what is your story? What are some of your experiences regarding online meditation or apps?

Edited by cocontti
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hi @cocontti. Welcome to our community! I'm Gillian - the community moderator. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with meditation apps. I'm glad they've been supportive for you! I personally really love Insight Timer. There is a wide range of practices and teachers there, along with talks, music, and courses.