Gillian Sanger

Do you have an intention for 2022? A word or a statement?

• Administrators

Thanks Rick.

What came to me on Dec. 31st was a call to surrender more deeply to the Divine. To give myself more space to be... to breath... to sink into non-doing. And to trust. To trust the flow of life. Deep down, I do trust life, but it is so easy to become caught up in ideas of how things 'should' be. It is a process of remembering.

The word for me for 2022 is the word Love. My intention for 2022 is to cultivate a relationship with God. God who lives in me and makes His home. Learning to be present in my daily life is key in the pursuit of my intention and word for the year. Meditation, contemplation and prayer are some of the ways of becoming more present in my daily life. Ways in which I will be implementing on the daily. Peace.

• Like 1

Mastery

On 1/4/2022 at 11:25 AM, Gillian Sanger said:

This week's question asks:

Do you have an intention for 2022? A word or a statement?

Let us know what you long to step into or to embody more fully as we step into this new calendar year.

Mastery.

• Like 1

My intention for 2022 is to look for ways to embody love. To love myself more deeply. To love others more deeply, even those whom I dislike. To emanate love in all areas of my life.

Peace and be well.

• Like 1

As painful as this is to admit, I am intending on being more organized; I'll spare the details; I have completely uncovered my desk that has taken a few days to clean; my Fiancé needs to move her desk in our office, which in turn, affects me, so my tall waste bucket is almost completely filled with torn up unneeded files; I have misplaced a could of Imp items too, with lots more to complete, and undone Federal taxes too, though I payed my Sales Tax early for the State of Texas yesterday, so that's one chore I no longer have to think obsess about.

That's probably more than you wanted to read, tho seeing my whole desk now,  makes me look more organized, with more boxes to empty throw away...it's been paniful yet can breathe a little easier...whew! I started to listen to Sean's 3 Mindful Breaths as I was finishing.

Can anyone relate? 

• Thanks 1

"FinestCoaching is all about Connecting the Dots".

• Administrators

So nice to see some familiar faces here along with some new ones! Thank you all for sharing your intention for the year. I have a follow-up question, which you can answer here or simply reflect on for yourself if it feels right to you:

What can I do today - let's say, in the next few hours - to experience, cultivate, or embody my intention for this year? 

As I reflect on this question for myself, I am committing to an afternoon meditation practice (I'll go sit in about 30 minutes). I will begin my practice with a prayer - an intention to lean into life as it is. To let go of my desire to control. To simply be.

cc: @Rick @ FinestCoaching @VBZivkovic @yogawithpriyanka @DavidGH @Daniel A. Detwiler @Lineo @tcdDan

• Like 1

I have noticed over the holidays that one way I try to show love is to do chores without being asked. My wife cooks dinner and I do all the pots and pans, rinse the dishes , load and unload the dishwasher. I do the laundry and fold and put it all away. I always get a thank you which feels good. However, I like doing this chores myself. It feels quite fair. Our lives flow more easily because there is no “issue”. And on the rare days I am tired Of one of my tasks, I can let my wife know and she graciously goes ahead with the chore herself. I think this is one part of living a loving life which is my goal for this year. I have done the dishes already today and my wife cooked us lunch. It is such a simple arrangement but it works. And, I thank her for every meal she cooks. Daniel

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel A. Detwiler said:

I have noticed over the holidays that one way I try to show love is to do chores without being asked. My wife cooks dinner and I do all the pots and pans, rinse the dishes , load and unload the dishwasher. I do the laundry and fold and put it all away. I always get a thank you which feels good. However, I like doing this chores myself. It feels quite fair. Our lives flow more easily because there is no “issue”. And on the rare days I am tired Of one of my tasks, I can let my wife know and she graciously goes ahead with the chore herself. I think this is one part of living a loving life which is my goal for this year. I have done the dishes already today and my wife cooked us lunch. It is such a simple arrangement but it works. And, I thank her for every meal she cooks. Daniel

I agree Daniel, having that flexibility is very Important as Isabel & I have shared; we both have had Surgeries this past year and mutually took care of one another....that's what relationships are all about; sometimes it's balanced & sometimes unbalanced too depending on the need.

Mindfulness is key; its not perfect, then again, perfection is not possible, whereas near perfect can be!

• Like 1

"FinestCoaching is all about Connecting the Dots".