Gillian Sanger

Returning to clarity when anxiety arises

Ahhh....so many thoughts & feelings here; I like what Mooji says,

"Stop having Street Fights with your mind", i.e. the moment is here right now!

There is a "Cosmic activity"..i.e., being "Chatter, chatter, chatter...The Ego is always trying to Become Something". He goes on to say, "You must be here first, before anything can be perceived". So much to be learned here:

https://youtu.be/ZmgQW8okUeo ***Very profound!

Edited by Rick @ FinestCoaching
To reposition link
  • Like 2

Hi Abby, I don't know if  you will return to this thread. If you do, I would like to share some ideas with you. First, if your anxiety is really deep and constant, and if so, unbearable please speak with your physician. A full physical exam that includes assessment of cardiac function can be helpful as well. Sometimes cardiac conditions cause a kind of anxiety and when treated with cardiac medications, they subside. If it truly is psychosocial/emotional anxiety, anti-anxiety medication can calm you and allow you to acquire other ways to cope with underlying causes. Exercise might be one of the things that helps once the level of anxiety drops and then Psychotherapy/counseling and/or meditation might be part of the solution at that point. I am a former licensed clinical social worker and had a lot of success with patients who got anxiety and or depression to manageable levels and then were able to use the other forms of treatment to improve more. Daniel

• Administrators
On 10/29/2021 at 9:51 PM, Daniel A. Detwiler said:

Hi Abby, I don't know if  you will return to this thread. If you do, I would like to share some ideas with you. First, if your anxiety is really deep and constant, and if so, unbearable please speak with your physician. A full physical exam that includes assessment of cardiac function can be helpful as well. Sometimes cardiac conditions cause a kind of anxiety and when treated with cardiac medications, they subside. If it truly is psychosocial/emotional anxiety, anti-anxiety medication can calm you and allow you to acquire other ways to cope with underlying causes. Exercise might be one of the things that helps once the level of anxiety drops and then Psychotherapy/counseling and/or meditation might be part of the solution at that point. I am a former licensed clinical social worker and had a lot of success with patients who got anxiety and or depression to manageable levels and then were able to use the other forms of treatment to improve more. Daniel

Thank you for sharing your own insight and expertise Daniel! Much appreciated.

• Administrators

Hey @danyang123. Thank you for sharing your experience. I guess you are referring to the 4-7-8? I would say to listen to your body and to experiment as you feel intuitively called to. If the breath hold feels like too much, you could lower the count, either just a little bit or significantly. It is most important to honour your own needs rather than try to stick with something that doesn't feel supportive for you. I hope this helps 🙂