Gillian Sanger

What makes you feel alive?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What makes you feel alive?

This question comes from a list of 20 mindful questions to ponder. You might start by considering, "What does it mean to me to feel alive?" Then think about any moments or activities that help you to feel this aliveness.

For me, some of the times when I feel most alive are when I am dancing, swimming/treading water in a lake, and stargazing. In fact, there was a moment the other day when I was dancing in my spare room with the lights off, lit only by candles, and I experienced an immense sense of presence and beauty and magic - pure aliveness. It was so alive that it brought tears of gratitude to my eyes.

• Like 1

That is beautiful Gillian! I love to dance too! It is an amazing feeling and feeling so alive, especiallyi with music you truly love. I love oldie songs and and spiritual dancing that is uplifting. It makes me feel so aware and I feel like I am dancing with my sister, who passed away 2 years ago, but I feel her presence stronger than ever. That is so awesome that you experienced the magic and pure aliveness. I am with you!! Yay!

• Administrators

Hi Patti,

First, I am so sorry to hear that your sister passed away a couple of years ago. How wonderful that you feel her presence very much with you!

I am so glad to hear that you also find dancing is an enlivening practice. I, too, like a variety of music - from more 'spiritual' music to indie folk to oldies and more. A lot of the music I enjoy feels hard to categorize!

• Thanks 1