Gillian Sanger

What are your top values and how have these changed over time?

This week's question invites us to inquire:

What are your top values and how have these changed over time?

Our fundamental values often stay the same or grow stronger. However, sometimes our values change entirely. How has it been for you?

I personally value much simpler, more intangible things than I used to in my high school and University days. Once upon a time, I valued brand names and the appearance of things, only to realize that my heart yearned for something much deeper. I think the deeper yearnings and values were always there, but they were masked beneath the superficial yearnings of the culture and society I grew up in. Some of my top values now are nature, simplicity, family and my partner, animals, peace, wisdom, and so on and so on.

• Like 2

This is a great topic Gillian, Mine has changed over time.  I feel that through experiences is when reality leads to awareness for me.  Once I am aware of the world and how it works I change to how I want to view and live it.  I have never hung around lies, cheaters, or manipulators.  This is because I have always been a loving kindness person but without coping skills, hense, lessons learned.  

I experience a change in spirituality perceptions; and needs and wants mindset.

I now value intangible peace and harmony.  I value mutual respect.  Caring and concern.  Equality and comfort.  The necessities of safety, shelter, food and clothing.  I value friends, teachers, guides, community.  These days gratefulness and loving kindness passion covers my values.   

• Like 2

Thank you for this great question and encouragement to get involved in conversation. My values have changed over time. In the past, I valued things that were tangible - higher education and things that went along with that. My past values brought me great rewards in some ways and not my preferred outcomes in others. Those life lessons I now consider interest back to me, once learned. 

My values right now are focused completely on the quality of my life, self-care, family, nature, love and kindness, community, and healthy boundaries. 💗

• Like 2

17 hours ago, RBloomz said:

My values right now are focused completely on the quality of my life, self-care, family, nature, love and kindness, community, and healthy boundaries. 💗

These all sound so very down-to-earth, warm, and peaceful 😊

Yes...self care, definitely family and love and kindness  ...  healthful living for myself, family and my Clientelle.

• Like 1