Paige PIlege

How is your day different this season than others? Is change difficult for you?

We all do different things in different seasons.  The normal things are sleeping in and slowing down when it is darker outside and wearing different clothes when it is colder out.  I still have a bit of a problem remembering my coat.  Because when I am running around it seems like 70 degrees out when it is only 50.  And then when I slow down I am very cold.  The sun is a bit deceiving this time of year.  Everything looks warm and bright out but it is actually freezing out.  In Chinese medicine we have emotions that need to be processed and different protocols for health to maintain our organs and our endocrine system.  With movement, meditation and various activities we can stay healthy within the change that is required.  Never resist the change or end up sick or feeling slow and defeated easier.   We eat differently, digest differently, even think differently in different seasons. 

• Like 1

@Paige PIlege - I often forget my coat in that transition season around late October/November. It takes some time for me to remember it's getting colder out.

This year the shift in seasons has been particularly strong for me. I moved to Sweden so I have gone from about 5 hours of darkness to about 6 hours of light! It's also been quite grey this winter so far, which definitely has had an effect on my emotions and energy level. It's taken a bit more of a push to get me moving these days, so I'm trying to find balance between 1) honouring my yearning to rest more, and 2) encouraging myself to find movement even amidst this cool, dark season.

• Like 1

It is getting difficult with this weather and season changing.  I think the planet is a little on the upside down.  Where it should be warm it is colder.  And colder it is warm.  My son lives in North Carolina and they never wear tennis shoes.  They were sandals year round.  The past few years and today they have snow and have to wear snow boots.  When it gets up to 50 degrees and stays a few days and then it drops to zero a week or so.  It gets confusing within. 

My essence says, "open the winders for fresh air. and sunlight."   But then it has to turn around and say, "nope, go to bed and read a bit more" it is still dark.  

• Like 1

Yes - here in Stockholm it's a bit backwards as well! It's snowed only a couple of times and only once did the snow stay. Days are much milder than I've heard they typically are in winter.

A lot of people are saying that even though it's warmer, it's a heavier winter. The snow would brighten things up, whereas it's instead been dark and grey.

• Like 1

@Gillian SangerIt always is great to "know" that spring will come.  That seasonal "knowing" . a consistency.   A pattern, or habit of Mother Nature.  This helps settle my inner self to believe in things.  I "know" spring will come and the colorful world will burst out.  The buds on the trees and bushes.  White and red, berries etc.  Even the weeds turn a great color and try to exist inside everything else.  

Today I walked outside to gather all the puppy toys.  I got her a bunch of beanie toys she loves.  Her mouth is small so she just tries to find a squeaky in it.  It is funny to watch her biting it.  She will run outside with it and toss it in the air and catch it to toss again.  Running in circles.  Run as fast as possible around things outside.  Or a big circle.  She is a Peek-a-Pom.   

The ground was wet from rain.  So were the toys but she doesn't care.  she still wanted them.  The air smelled so "good".  Someone must have cut their grass because it smelled almost like fresh alfalfa being cut.  A sweet smell.  Takes me back to my childhood riding on a raker.  I am excited for spring, in about a month now.     Here is Teddy. She is a clown.

pupppy.jpg

• Like 1