Guest blinkymittens

Breathing

Guest blinkymittens

The one breath exercise was amazing to me. I have dried deep breathing before to no avail. This actually put me to sleep.

DAY 1   Doing the breath exercise is not new to me.  It is very relaxing.  I do this often to put myself to sleep at night.  But meditation is done as awaken.  My body responds by letting tension go, yawning, eyes watering.  I am less anxious or overwhelmed for the day.  I can easily determine what to do next instead of thinking of so much at once.  I have a much easier day.  Less stress.    

• Like 1

Day 2 Breathing exercise was a tiny bit apprehensive.  Holding between breathing in and out I begin to feel tingling, it seems like a rush of energy.  My ears are ringing.  It feels pretty good, refreshing.  I do this type of thing when I go to sleep.  I wear a C-pap machine and this is how I tend to breathe. The three mindful breaths.  This was late in the day so I will try again tomorrow before eating. 

In Chinese medicine the first thing we teach is the belly breathing.  It is difficult to do.  I like using the music from Zen Wellness that give a ring tone every 4 counts.  One of the Master Teachers and his wife do the music and sing.  This has helped me slow down my thinking.  I used to get real messed up because it was like my brain was faster than my mouth and I couldn't get things said in time.  

I can feel the tension in my neck, the aches and pains of fibromyalgia and unsettled stomach release and relax.  Thank you for pointing this out again.  This is great to get back in the swing of things.  I used to do 4 hours a day.  1 hour  standing practice, 20 min movement, 40 min meditation.  30 min. read, and 45 min study for class testing in April immersion.    

Morning, 

Thank you for guiding. I like this challenge. 

I realized that we are breathing even do not knowing how? I felt it today when I started to breath under the control of someone. And was really confused am I breathing? Am I breathing right or not? Even I felt lack of oxygen. and as I am not breathing. It was really challenging to  me. 

And as you advised I will try before my meal once.

Slowing myself down to focus on a complete breath is so powerful to me. No matter what the situation or how rattled, stressed or out of control I feel this simple drawing in of my focus to the breath in my body anchors me. It leaves me feeling calm, focused and in control. ❤️

• Like 2

Day2: 3 Mindful Breaths. Today I appreciate the “prep” work of relaxing into your seat, easing tension, becoming more present BEFORE actually mindfully looking at your breath. I think this is the piece I have been neglecting when trying to meditate on my own. I would sit, close my eyes and immediately take a look at my breath. I quickly became agitated, uncomfortable and impatient then quit, thinking “Phrew! Got that out of the way...what’s next?” Today, my 3 breaths flowed easily and I found it fascinating to really notice what was happening, especially the transitions between inhaling and exhaling. Lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Alshattuck40 said:

Day2: 3 Mindful Breaths. Today I appreciate the “prep” work of relaxing into your seat, easing tension, becoming more present BEFORE actually mindfully looking at your breath. I think this is the piece I have been neglecting when trying to meditate on my own. I would sit, close my eyes and immediately take a look at my breath. I quickly became agitated, uncomfortable and impatient then quit, thinking “Phrew! Got that out of the way...what’s next?” Today, my 3 breaths flowed easily and I found it fascinating to really notice what was happening, especially the transitions between inhaling and exhaling. Lovely.

That's wonderful @Alshattuck40! Yes, I think the 'settling in' part is really important - just taking a few moments for open awareness, easing down, softening the body, etc. 

And as per your previous note: I also find such power in the breath. Lately, my meditation practice has been more... fluid, I guess I'd say. However, the other morning I set the intention to exclusively watch the breath - no mantras, no focusing on any other part of the body. And it was a wonderfully grounding and centred session.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, Alshattuck40 said:

Slowing myself down to focus on a complete breath is so powerful to me. No matter what the situation or how rattled, stressed or out of control I feel this simple drawing in of my focus to the breath in my body anchors me. It leaves me feeling calm, focused and in control. ❤️

@Alshattuck40Just when you thought you had no control!  Yes, you do have control of things.  I feel in just doing the breath mindful meditations, knowing you control something.  Especially yourself, bring the rest of the uncontrolled world, environment not so bad.  This helps to regulate the ease of presence.  Mindfulness also bring you to the present.  It is happening now.  and YOU control it.  You are a very powerful human.  

Blessings, 

Paige