Narmadha

Day12:simply stopping

What impact did stopping and practicing a minute of silence have on your next activity?

its very simple excercise ...like a revision to the previous class session ..just bringing back the awareness to the current moment when mind wanders ..kind of refreshment to the next activity..Actually to be frank , i felt asleep after completing my previous body scan excercise ..then i started this simply stopping ..i felt like a refreshment to the next activity for the evening. wonderful experience !!!

• Like 1

• Administrators

Simply stopping is one of my favourite practices for when I feel overwhelmed, stressed, or reactive. It's so helpful to just pause and watch the breath. For me, the mind settles right down and I am better able to navigate what's in front of me and to properly address my needs in that moment.

• Like 1

I will take your technique just pause and watch the breath!!! to follow further to destress.

do you follow deep breath or you follow the natural rhythm?

As we have seen taking few deep breaths also relax our mind ..which one to follow? this doubt arises as we are practicing many techniques to relax

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great question Narmadha. The answer is that I use both, depending upon the moment. I find deep breathing is extra supportive for me when I am very overwhelmed. However, if it is simply a case of a distracted or overstimulated mind, awareness of the natural flow of my breath is usually enough. My suggestion would be to just experiment and to listen to the needs of your mind and body in any given moment. There is no single 'right' way to do it.