Gillian Sanger

Mindfulness Exercises Podcast

• Administrators

Hi everyone! I've recently learned that there is an upcoming Mindfulness Exercises Podcast in the works. The team is curious:

What mindfulness-related topics are you interested in learning more about? What would you hope to gain or learn through listening to a podcast dedicated to mindfulness?

Share any thoughts with us here and I'll make sure to pass them on. 

With gratitude,

Gillian

• Like 1

Some Key Topics are Compassion & Self-Compassion via Loving Kindness; also a Great Topic is David Treleaven's Book, Trauma-Sensitive Mindfulness; there is so much to learn in that book; in-fact, that's why I began the TSM Book Club; hope folks join & contribute...

I have spent some time on www.Mindful.org and happened to win Tara Brach's book, "Trusting the Gold"; it's Awesome to read about her history...lots of gems in her book!

By nearly finishing David's Book, I have learnt so much about how to be aware of & be curious RE: Trauma and how to assist Clients who Meditate as a helpful resource...especially how to Screen Clients for Trauma (Pgs. 161 + 162). That's a hot topic in of itself! It's a definite Must Read in my humble opinion.

Edited by Rick @ FinestCoaching
Notes revised.

"FinestCoaching is all about Connecting the Dots".

On 10/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, simoneturner said:

Would love to hear about how to infuse mindfulness exercises in regards to moving frozen tension on the body. Is that possible through mindfulness medi's?

Now I would approach this a couple of ways:

First, based on the definition of Mindfulness, the present focus is to be aware of the "frozen tension"; now it seems "moving frozen tension" sounds like an Oxymoron, so if tension is Frozen, how can it be moving, hypothetically.

In any case, Awareness in the body is primary; now given, it may be, or experienced as "moving", I would be inviting a possible softening of that tension as it moves, and ask how that feels & sensing in the body, then inviting a focusing on the breath and an anchoring of the feet on the ground and sensing how that feels...

So what do y'all think of my suggestions?

• Thanks 1

"FinestCoaching is all about Connecting the Dots".