Abby

Hello everyone, why havnt you answered my question yet?

Hi Abby,

For one thing, all of us do not live in. this site; also, Gillian is our Moderator, and she is in Sweden, so that puts her 7 Hours ahead of me, so the time there is 6:12PM Sweden time....so that's why you don't hear from her. And I have no idea where you are.

Now to assist you, I'm not sure what your question is. 

As far as what makes one happy, is an individual preference; there are many options to what makes one "happy" as you say. To be certain, would you benefit 1 hour per day in 6 mos? Sure...it is not perfection, would you still have Stress in your life? Yes, for sure...would you build Resilience over time? Assuming you obtain the skills to benefit, that depends on your Learning skills...This is not a perfect response, yet the best I can offer you; hope that helps...This isnt a beginning/end all; hopefully, Mindful Meditation, you will continue to build for life and not just in 6 months. 

My name is Rick & I emplore you some patience when expecting immediate results. We all have very busy lives.

FYI---Tara Brach has some wonderful Meditations @:

https://www.tarabrach.com/guided-meditations/

I wish you Well.

Edited by Rick @ FinestCoaching
I decided to add a Meditation link.
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rick @ FinestCoaching said:

Hi Abby,

For one thing, all of us do not live in. this site; also, Gillian is our Moderator, and she is in Sweden, so that puts her 7 Hours ahead of me, so the time there is 6:12PM Sweden time....so that's why you don't hear from her. And I have no idea where you are.

Now to assist you, I'm not sure what your question is. 

As far as what makes one happy, is an individual preference; there are many options to what makes one "happy" as you say. To be certain, would you benefit 1 hour per day in 6 mos? Sure...it is not perfection, would you still have Stress in your life? Yes, for sure...would you build Resilience over time? Assuming you obtain the skills to benefit, that depends on your Learning skills...This is not a perfect response, yet the best I can offer you; hope that helps...This isnt a beginning/end all; hopefully, Mindful Meditation, you will continue to build for life and not just in 6 months. 

My name is Rick & I emplore you some patience when expecting immediate results. We all have very busy lives.

FYI---Tara Brach has some wonderful Meditations @:

https://www.tarabrach.com/guided-meditations/

I wish you Well.

Thankyou Rick, thats an astute answer, do you know what the biggest mindfulness community is online? On the google search the forums are all quite sparse.  I mean this subject has over a billion followers, I would have thought there would have been a bigger online presence. 

Kind regards Rick