Gillian Sanger

Favourite mindfulness quotes

I'm a huge fan of mindfulness quotes. And I am fortunate enough to be the social media creator for a the yoga center where I teach, so I get to play with them a lot. 

You have both mentioned quite a few powerful ones above. ❤️ 

I have always loved "Wherever you go, there you are." Attributed to so many going back to Confucius. I'm not sure who it was originally by. 

"And forget not that earth delights to feel your feet, and the wind longs to play with your hair" - Kahlil Gibran.
My favorite as nature always helps my mindfulness practice. 

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete." - Buddha 

"Kindness thrives when shared." 

• Like 1

Love those Samira! Thanks for sharing. Love your name too, by the way!

buddha quotes no one saves us but ourselves can may ourselves must walk the path wisdom

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 5:43 AM, Jo L said:

No alt text provided for this image

So True.....I have this instilled in my heart.  I think it is why I am sensitive.  

• Like 1

"Most reliable friend is within myself, that's compassion. And, anyway, cheap. Other, external means, sometimes quite expensive."

-Dalai Lamma

• Like 2

“Compassion is not a relationship between the healer and the wounded. It's a relationship between equals. Only when we know our own darkness well can we be present with the darkness of others. Compassion becomes real when we recognize our shared humanity.”

Pema Chödrön, The Places That Scare You: A Guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times