Abby

You just put the hours in and thats all you need to do?

So train awareness 1 hour per day and in 6 months time I will be aware enough to be happy?

Is this how its done is this how it works? 

Edited by Abby

• Administrators

Hi Abby,

Welcome to the community! My thoughts on your questions:

What it takes to be 'happy' is complex and I don't have any clear answer for you on this. However, I think that happiness entails much more than 1-hour daily practice. For example, it depends also on community, belonging, what's happening in our lives, if we are living in alignment with our highest truth, and so forth. Furthermore, one hour of formal meditation does not change how mindfully and lovingly we are showing up for the other 23 hours in a day. Practice needs to eventually encompass all aspects of our existence, which can be difficult and take some time. Additionally, 1 hour daily practice can look very different for different people, so in this way there is no formula for happiness.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

@Abby 

Iam also a newbie  to this mindfulness course and also for challenge. As Gillian said "

Practice needs to eventually encompass all aspects of our existence, which can be difficult and take some time. Additionally, 1 hour daily practice can look very different for different people, so in this way there is no formula for happiness

Take the word "practice" as a mantra for ur mindfulness practice. Gillian insisted this in my clarification too...I have joined in august 21 now sep15.Daily im practicing this 100 day challenge. I am taking up the challenge daily as im receiving videos ..but i am not satisfied with my performance to answer for the integrated practice questions. So what i am doing is ? Daily im repeating the older practice and finding the difference in me (for eg : In breathing excercise ) Initailly i faced the challenge and posted here in forum some questions like you..i am grateful to Rick and Gillian for the answers.

Now im feeling the improvement (productivity increased) in my daily chores and im feeling happy on accomplishing my tasks soon.

There you can find your happiness !!!!

A great Welcome Abby and All the best for your mindfulness journey 

• Like 1