Gillian Sanger

What does rest mean to you?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What does rest mean to you?

Reflect upon what it means to take 'rest'. When you take time to rest, what does this look like? What is included and what isn't included? If you'd like, share of a time you felt deeply rested.

• Like 1

Taking rest is very important to me as it calmes down my nervous system, it boosts up my immune system, it brings body spirit more towards balance and equilibrium, and I can feel and be more my true self. When I take time to rest, e.g. I love sitting on my balcony on the rocking chair and just observe the ducks in the grass and just listening to the various sounds of nature, of cars, animals…. Sometimes I have a cup of tea in my hand or a glass of water infused with lemon juice.

A time where I really felt rested recently was, when I was laying down on the floor with my legs upward leaning against the wall and just resting and enjoying the moment, consciously breathing in and out. Aaaah, I should do this more often…🌻

• Like 1

• Administrators

Soothing reflections, Jane. Thank you. 

Rest for me can take various shapes and forms, but one of which is when I am resting with my back against the earth, eyes up at the sky and trees overhead. Grounding in this way helps me to effortlessly sink into the present moment, and to remember that I am connected with everything I perceive to be outside of me.

5 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Soothing reflections, Jane. Thank you. 

Rest for me can take various shapes and forms, but one of which is when I am resting with my back against the earth, eyes up at the sky and trees overhead. Grounding in this way helps me to effortlessly sink into the present moment, and to remember that I am connected with everything I perceive to be outside of me.

Hi Gillian, thanks, I can happily visualize what you just mentioned. And from experience resting outside on healthy soil under the sky under the tree is such an effective resting practice. You feel connected, calm and balanced so quickly, right…. Here in Florida I noticed beach is not beach. The firmer the sand the better I have a feeling. Some locations or grounds aren’t as energetically clean maybe and healing as others and the body’s resting intensity is different. Maybe some sand is artificial, too…however, a big yes to “earthing”🌳

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 8/29/2021 at 6:47 AM, Zayjah said:

To me rest means finding a way to turn off the outside world, finding a way to reset my mind and body for at least 4 hours.

This reminds me of something I do sometimes, which is to put my phone in a place where I won't habitually reach for it (usually my sock drawer) and tell myself that I'm unable to check it for some set period of time (usually 3 or 4 hours). It always surprises me how little I miss it - and yet when it's close by, I reach for it frequently. It's nice to take that space, to give my seeking mind a little support in resting