Gillian Sanger

What are your core guiding principles?

• Administrators

This week's question asks:

What are your core guiding principles?

If you have the time and space, take a moment to sit comfortably and close your eyes. Let your attention drop into your body and settle in through a few minutes of mindful breathing. Then, check in with the quiet place inside of you. Inquire: What are my core guiding principles? What can I call upon in any moment, at any time, to help steer me in the best-suited direction?

• Like 1

I believe I see my core guiding principles as core values that evolves through daily practice of mindfulness meditation and metta. Only by deepening this discipline this can help me in my the best suited direction in every day life to be genuine, authentic and truly honest. I also know if I skip on the daily practice  my decisions become more ego based rather than from a place of heart and soul, so "blissipline" is kind of the word that supports my core guiding principles like honesty, authenticity, transparency and being human.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I love that word - blissipine! Beautiful 🤩

Thanks for sharing. I would say my core guiding principles are authenticity, wisdom, understanding, and balance. There are of course more, but these come to mind first.

• Like 1

Way to delve in deeper! This is very thought provoking. I suppose the values that drive the pursuit to be of service to others would be:

Accountability

Prosperity

Altruism

Goodness

Those are just a few core values that would entice me to always be thinking of others.

• Like 3

Love, Kindness & Respect are my core guiding principles nowadays. It certainly is not easy at times when people are rude. When a situation is challenging I pause and inhale slowly then exhale and respond in a rational way with love majority of the time. ❤️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terri444 said:

Love, Kindness & Respect are my core guiding principles nowadays. It certainly is not easy at times when people are rude. When a situation is challenging I pause and inhale slowly then exhale and respond in a rational way with love majority of the time. ❤️

Its very challenging indeed! I have to give you the recognition it deserves when you practice these principles. I guess when people are rude, it's because they have inner turmoil and we can feel gratitude that we aren't in their shoes at that moment.

• Like 1