jane508

28 Day Meditation Challenge

2 min of mindful breathing - DAY 3

Integrated Practice:
Write for 2 full minutes on each prompt below.  Once you’ve finished, take a minute to reread what you wrote and reflect.

Question

1. What I want from this 28-day challenge is …  

To practice consistency and keeping my commitment to this 28 daily challenge. Also, I intent to improve myself, grow and be inspired including in the woring of meditation instructions in a professional, well guided and loving way.

2. Some obstacles to me practicing every day could be… to postpone the meditation to late at night, so here I am planning to set my alarm clock earlier and schedule my “daily meditation appointment” for the morning. I will chose a nice alarm ring bell for that😊 Maybe a singing bowl sound. 

p.s. I love the mindfulness breathing pdf that comes along with this day 3 meditation

• Like 2

Day 4 : the power of open awareness on my morning walk. Without open awareness I wouldn't have noticed a fallen leaf from one of the many green trees. The leaf 's color turned yellow already. Maybe it was the first colored leaf. The walk felt very grounding, relaxing and after walking and allowing to "let in" all the impressions, colors, sensations, a kind of wholeness and connection with nature could be sensed together with the breathing as an anchor.

• Like 1

Day 5 

this integrated practice was taking the moment and wish any person you meet today well being, happiness and peace and that they may be loved. 

Reflection Question:

Q.) How did the practice of wishing others well impact your interactions?  By intentionally expressing this sense of care to others and to myself I have a feeling that active listening becomes much easier and compassion has space to further develop. By being gentle and wishing myself good energy, I feel it is much easier then to wish others the same and to integrate more understanding towards others. Thank you for this wonderful exercise. Every time I am doing this exercise I start from a beginner's mind, which helps to increase the loving power of this practice.

Q.) Did it shift your mood in any way?  Did it impact the quality of your attention? yes, see answer above.

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 7/25/2021 at 4:53 AM, jane508 said:

Day 4 : the power of open awareness on my morning walk. Without open awareness I wouldn't have noticed a fallen leaf from one of the many green trees. The leaf 's color turned yellow already. Maybe it was the first colored leaf. The walk felt very grounding, relaxing and after walking and allowing to "let in" all the impressions, colors, sensations, a kind of wholeness and connection with nature could be sensed together with the breathing as an anchor.

Open awareness while on a nature walk is one of my favourite practices. Thanks for sharing your reflection on this!

• Like 1

Day 6 - Body Scan

Hi fellows, for me personally the body scan seems to be very powerful in reducing stress, grounding and releasing or reducing any tensions (emotionally and physically). It reminds me on the "constructive rest" practice of the Alexander Technique where you also go through different body parts and consciously notice, stop and see if you you can allow the body to choose a "better place to be ".

Reflection Question:

Q.) What information do you receive when checking in with your body?  

During the 3 Centers practice today by scanning the head, gut and the heart while taking one breath on each of those areas, I could feel my gut or stomach region holding some tension and nervousness and my heart heavy. but it is okay as a dear family member was just diagnosed with cancer and the docs cannot really figure out where... but it is ok right now.

To no 1: 1st breath: scan the head, representing thoughts: So many thoughts are running through your head in those moments, but by watching them I could find some distance and maybe could surrender to reality as it is a bit more.

To no 2: 2nd breath: the gut, representing "gut feelings".... kind of "an insecurity what is going to happen and how to deal with this... here breathing helped me to calm down

To no 3> 3rd breath: the heart, representing values or intentions. Here my values are to embrace the precious moments I have with the people dear to my heart or with new people I am meeting everyday. My intentions are to appreciate that each moment is a gift and if it is hard sometimes to see it as a stepping stone into another step in life.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Susie said:

can I do the meditation challenge?

Absolutely! As Jane mentioned, you can sign up for the challenge here - https://mindfulnessexercises.com/100-day-mindfulness-challenge/

The first 28 days come from the official 28 day mindfulness challenge, which you can find here. It is helpful to still sign up for the emails (whether you want to do 28 days or 100) so that you will be prompted each day to practice. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

Absolutely! As Jane mentioned, you can sign up for the challenge here - https://mindfulnessexercises.com/100-day-mindfulness-challenge/

The first 28 days come from the official 28 day mindfulness challenge, which you can find here. It is helpful to still sign up for the emails (whether you want to do 28 days or 100) so that you will be prompted each day to practice. 

Hi Gillian, today is day no. 7 and I am starting to feel a shift in my awareness, the whole body/mind connection seems to be more intertwined. Can't say enough how grateful I am to have found you guys with the mindfulnessexercises on youtube or google (not sure where exactly now:) ) Other question. I am confused with the 100 day mindfulness challenge as the videos are called 28 mindfulness challenge, did I sign up for 28 day challenge vs the 100 day challenge? Thanks a lot:)

Day 7 Gratitude

1. What I noticed from this week’s practice was…that I became much more focused, calmer when it comes to making decisions my breathing stayed more or less normal, improved active listening to people I meet and more acceptance towards hard moments or tough times, news, situations, rather than judging, resisting or ignoring them... (big sigh now..)  and if I wasn't as calm or notice I could have behaved differently that is ok, too, as we are all on a journey and learning. Breeeathe, next time there'll be another chance again.

2. Things that will help me stay focused on my practice next week are…just keep going and practice perseverance and always come back to my daily meditation practice. I feel grateful to see all beautiful souls in this community sharing their practice, thoughts and progress etc. Thank you.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jane508 said:

2. Things that will help me stay focused on my practice next week are…just keep going and practice perseverance and always come back to my daily meditation practice. I feel grateful to see all beautiful souls in this community sharing their practice, thoughts and progress etc. Thank you.

You are amazing with the persistence of continuous practicing. Thank you for your courage to share your truth. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, jane508 said:

Hi Gillian, today is day no. 7 and I am starting to feel a shift in my awareness, the whole body/mind connection seems to be more intertwined. Can't say enough how grateful I am to have found you guys with the mindfulnessexercises on youtube or google (not sure where exactly now:) ) Other question. I am confused with the 100 day mindfulness challenge as the videos are called 28 mindfulness challenge, did I sign up for 28 day challenge vs the 100 day challenge? Thanks a lot:)

I am so glad to hear you are feeling a shift, Jane. That's wonderful.

In regards to what challenge you are signed up for, maybe you can forward me a copy of on of the days you've received. The emails should be entitled 100 day mindfulness challenge. If not, I will check with the person who manages these emails to see what you're registered for. I will send a private message with my email.

• Thanks 1

Day 8  FOCUSED ATTENTION

Q.) What impact does bringing your full attention to a conversation have on you or those around you?

The Mindful listening practice is really interesting. Sometimes I experience that as soon as the other person stops finishing their last sentence, I immediately need to share what came up on my mind . But by putting all of the attention on the person you are talking to, I was more mindful about how to respond (without effort or thinking) giving the conversation a mutual basis with more similarities and a "lighter" flow..

Has anybody here experienced similar situations maybe... just curious..

19 hours ago, Gillian Sanger said:

I am so glad to hear you are feeling a shift, Jane. That's wonderful.

In regards to what challenge you are signed up for, maybe you can forward me a copy of on of the days you've received. The emails should be entitled 100 day mindfulness challenge. If not, I will check with the person who manages these emails to see what you're registered for. I will send a private message with my email.

Thanks Gillian!

• Like 1

• Administrators

I can definitely relate. There are times when I'm speaking with someone and they bring something up that triggers a thought in me. I feel this urge to want to share it, holding onto it in a way, which then makes it difficult to really be present for them. It definitely helps to simply notice this, and I often just remind myself, "Just set it aside for now. You will have time later to share this." 

There's a great article up on the website about mindful listening: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/what-is-mindful-listening/

• Thanks 1