jane508

Hi from Jane

Hi, I'm Jane from Delray Beach, about 1 hour North of Miami. When I started with a mindfulness meditation training in 2014 the practice had such a liberating and positive impact in my life, relationships with new perceptions and insights. I d love to further deepen my practice. I am helping seniors and adults to stay fit with corrective exercise and mindful movements. My current goal is to offer a class of mindful physical exercises combined with gratitude, mindfulness and vocal sound healing. In my free time I love being in nature, to cook, bake, sing, the practice of cognitive anatomy - a subtle bodywork to experience grounding & release. I grew up in two different cultures, German and Filipino and spent most of my life in Germany and partially in the Philippines. A silly talent I have is I can imitate the sound of a crazy duck:) (I read somewhere here in the forum, you 'd love to hear some silly talents, hope I didn't misunderstood)...My dream is that every soul on this planet practices mindfulness meditation. thanks, good to be here... 

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi Jane! Haha yes, the question was: Share something about yourself that most people don't know. I think the duck imitations suffice 🙂

And welcome to our online community! It's great to hear the impact that mindfulness has had on you - and that you are sharing mindful movement others. Have you already begun sharing gratitude, mindfulness (beyond movement), and vocal sound healing or is this still to come? 

Hi Gillian, thanks for asking. Appreciate it.  I shared mindfulness in a few zoom ladies's group classes recently and actually it worked out nicely in combination with a nice aerobic / fitness workout before. To be honest, I was surprised how "authentic and live" online training can really feel like if you leave their mics on:) No, I haven't shared a real gratitude session yet (just ending the fitness workout out with 3 bows in prayer position and on each bow we express gratitude for something I come up with intuitively, e.g our body, that we chose to be here today,  the precious day or to our senses... haven't thought about integrating a longer gratitude section into the workout, but that is a great idea, Gillian. Is that what you meant? I purchased the 200 meditation scripts here at the ME forum and I believe there is a gratitude section in there somewhere, the content is huge with many options, which is wonderful 🙂 Regarding the vocal sound, yes, it is still in progress, need to create a "choir music backround" to make the zoom meeting more alive when everybody is  doing their vocal sound ha ha.... I used to be a singer, but am seeking to use the voice with more purpose and healing, not for entertaining. To wrap it up, just finding a way to combine everything somehow, kind of overwhelmed sometimes, but getting there. Thanks for this forum, with the wonderful 100 day meditation opportunity I hope to find more focus and intuitive guidance on my path.  thanks, I 'm glad the duck imitations suffice ha ha 🙂 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hello Jane! Lovely to hear more about your work. I was curious to know how you were envisioning integrating mindfulness & gratitude into your current work. What you're doing currently is great, but I also love the idea of integrating it in a bigger way, if that feels authentic to you. You could even include a short meditation at the end of class, thanking all the different parts of the body and mind that contributed to the workout. 

It sounds like you have a large and beautiful vision 🙂 Keep us posted on how it progresses!