Gillian Sanger

POLL: Which of the five elements are most predominant for you right now?

Which of the five elements are most predominant for you right now?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the five elements are most predominant for you right now? Choose 1-3.

• Fire
    • Water
    • Air
    • Earth
    • Space
    • Blend of all five
    • I am not sure

• Administrators

Consider the following five elements - fire, water, air, earth, and space.

Which of these elements do you feel are most alive within you right now? Which are most predominant within your body-mind? Choose 1-3.

Feel free to add any clarifying comments or reflections in the discussions. For instance, is one more predominant in mind? Is one more predominant in body?

I am most aware of energy. Science tells us “energy can neither be created or destroyed”. Over the past year the implications of that law of physics has deepened in my life. It means one thing obvious and yet outside of my consciousness until recently:  energy is eternal!  Another thing science has shown through lab experiments is that inside a void, previously thought to contain nothing, sub atomic particles appear and disappear in billionths of seconds. Energy is in that void and it creates. To me this means that energy underlies all of existence. I am fascinated by that thought. In my heart of hearts I believe that energy is consciousness . A consciousness that creates and never ceases. I find that thought very reassuring. In the midst of all sorts of conditions all beings encounter timeless energy is always present and I suspect, somehow aware. Daniel A. Detwiler

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 7/16/2021 at 3:43 PM, Daniel A. Detwiler said:

To me this means that energy underlies all of existence. I am fascinated by that thought. In my heart of hearts I believe that energy is consciousness

I have similar feelings to you on this, Daniel. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Gillian, that's a great question.. Love that topic. Where can I find more information about these 5 elements and their "properties" in the human body, for instance, what does it mean if you feel you have fire or water in you? For me probably it's fire, water and space. Thank you and namaste

• Like 1

Mine's EARTH! 
Or perhaps I did Grounding Meditation and Yoga Chakra Flow today. I felt strong connection between my body and ground.

May the Force be with you. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, jane508 said:

Hi Gillian, that's a great question.. Love that topic. Where can I find more information about these 5 elements and their "properties" in the human body, for instance, what does it mean if you feel you have fire or water in you? For me probably it's fire, water and space. Thank you and namaste

Great question, Jane. For myself, I understand the elements in two ways: 1) the visceral sensation of my physical body (i.e. air as breath, earth as bone, fire as digestion, water as liquids in the body), and 2) as they relate to different qualities. For instance, 'fire' is associated for me with things like passion, drive, and anger. Earth, on the other hand, with a sense of stability and security. These are of course open to interpretation based on our own exploration of them. Here are a couple of links that might help you further:

Worksheet - Awareness of the Four Elements: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/awareness-of-the-four-elements/

Guided Instructions on the Four Elements: https://mindfulnessexercises.com/guided-instructions-the-four-elements/

You can also explore it from other perspectives (i.e. Ayurveda). Each tradition has its own take (i.e. some hold four elements, some hold five). I talked about this a bit here: 

Let me know if you use any of these resources or do further exploration.

8 hours ago, Paggie said:

Mine's EARTH! 
Or perhaps I did Grounding Meditation and Yoga Chakra Flow today. I felt strong connection between my body and ground.

May the Force be with you. 

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing Paggie.

• Like 1