Gillian Sanger

Thoughts during or after the 100 day challenge?

• Administrators
21 hours ago, maureen bojko said:

Hi Gillian, I am on Day 17: Gratitude. I have been working with that on my own and welcomed the guided meditation on that subject.

Lovely Maureen! Yes, I am practicing that one as well. For a few weeks (until I came to visit my family in Canada), my partner and I were informally taking time at dinner to share 5 things we were grateful for in that moment. It is such a simple practice but one that can have a huge impact on our sense of appreciation and wellbeing.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to participate in the 100 day Challenge!  It has been quite a journey and I have learnt so much from it.

I especially liked the meditations for Concentration, Open Awareness, Breath and Integrated Body Scans.  My favourites were those guided by Sean Fargo, (thank you!) but Tara Brach is also good.

The Worksheets available for download also have so much useful information about the subject and will be a valuable reference going forward.

I looked forward to my daily morning meditations and talks and feel I am now able to think more clearly and am able to cope and accept a bit better with how things are in the world, instead of being consumed by worry and anxiety about things I can't change.

So where to from here?  I have discovered an online course at one of Australia's universities called "Maintaining a Mindful Life", which I have already started.  The 100 Day Challenge has given me the groundwork for this, so thanks again.

All the best to you all.

Rhonda

• Like 1

I just started the challenge and experiencing some challenges with remembering to do them, thinking I would do before bedtime and becoming distracted - starting a new routine.  I meditate in the morning when I wake so wanted to find another time of day.  I have already found the prompts helpful, especially for paying more attention to where my body is and sensations.  I have been used to yoga breathing so wondering about the difference between open mouth exhalation vs exhale thru the nose.  

• Like 1
  • Administrators

Hi @katie garnett,

Thank you for bringing this up. My intuition tells me this is one of the biggest challenges for most people - the remembering and/or the showing up. Is there flexibility in your day that you could experiment with midday or after morning meditation?

In regards to breathing through mouth vs. nose, one of our members @Priyanka shared about this a couple of months ago. Here's a link to her comment and an article that goes into it more: