Gillian Sanger

Thoughts during or after the 100 day challenge?

I`m only on day 10 , I really loved the gratitude on day 7 . I was at home with a cold and  it put me into a different perspective. Being grateful just for a warm bed and for my breath . The time seem stopped for a moment so I can readjust my attitude.  With the  100 day meditation challenge I'm  feeling  gradually paying more attention to the moments that are happening front of me , and at the same time I'm forming new habits too. Started a gratitude journal too .

Very simple exercises but powerful. Thank you .

• Like 2

I meditate every day at this time.  My experience as I continue to meditate each day is freedom of the mind.  Comfort of control.  Owning my space in the universe.  If I do not meditate things get clogged and too much.  I have to go back and meditate.  then and only then I feel I am right with everything.  I began this when I had children.   One is autistic and it took a lot of energy.  

Breathing meditation alone gave me energy to get things done.  Moving through the day.  When I couldn't I would get sick.  Just my experience with life meditation.  

I love this community.  Wish I knew about it sooner.  Now is still a great time.  I am grateful. 

• Like 1

Hi, I just signed up for the 100 day challenge. I did a 30 day self imposed meditation challenge and completed it except for one day. I have had several missed days recently due to the holidays and being too busy, so I am hoping putting myself to the next level, I will stick more to it. I am not very mindful even with meditation, but I can really tell when I have not been focused on it. I know my family relationships are better and I am not quite so impulsive and emotionally off track. I do have to do it daily, no question about it!

• Like 2
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Karen E said:

Hi, I just signed up for the 100 day challenge.

That's great!! Keep us posted on how it goes. And congrats on accomplishing 29/30 days meditating! Even when we struggle to remain focused/mindful, just carving out that time is beneficial I think.

• Like 1

Although I do a meditation it is sporadic since breaking my foot for the third time.  So this is my first day and I love it already.  simple and easy.  I will add it into my Qigong practice.  Thank you for the accountability.  I am really loving this mindfulness community.  

• Like 1
  • Administrators
On 1/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, Paige PIlege said:

I am not sure what is going on, all of a sudden I am not receiving any of the emails for the 100 day Challenge.  Any ideas?  I resigned up last night so maybe i will be in again.  

Hey Paige,

That is strange! I wonder if something got accidentally flagged and sent to junk (I've done this before without realizing it). Have you checked there? Let me know if they're appearing again and if not, I'll check in with @Sean Fargo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Here are Sean's 5 mindful musings for the week:   enhancing non-judgmental moment-to-moment awareness Hi All!  Here is your weekly dose of "5 Mindful Musings", a brief list of what's helping me live a more mindful life. What Brings Me Joy Elmo Learns How To Belly Breathe. I love Elmo, which is why I was so happy that he learned how to use this belly breathing strategy for keeping calm. No one wants to see a stressed out Elmo! 🙂 What I Am Interested In XPT Performance Breathing Certification. Two of my heroes, professional athletes Laird Hamilton and Gabrielle Reece, created this comprehensive guide to breathwork. They've been utilizing powerful breathing exercises to help them heal, perform and thrive in many areas of their legendary lives. I'm really looking forward to this. Something Valuable I Learned  How Trauma Can Affect Your Window of Tolerance People with trauma are best able to cope with stressors and triggers when they’re operating within their window of tolerance. But a traumatic experience can narrow our clients’ window of tolerance, leading to states of either hyper- or hypo-arousal. So the NICABM created this infographic as a tool you can share with your clients. It can help you explain what’s going on when they’re feeling dysregulated. Plus, this will help to support the exercises and work you do together as an important part of healing.     Mindfulness Exercises I Just Shared Freely - 8 Quotes & Videos To Help You Awaken Joy (Because we could all use a little more joy.)   - How To Practice Mindfulness of Death and Why It's Important (The Buddha said this is the most powerful mindfulness practice there is. It's not talked about much, so we thought this may be useful for those of you who feel comfortable with this. Please do not practice if you're prone to depression, suicidal tendencies, or nihilism.)  A Quote I Am Pondering "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.  If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.  If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.  If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else."  - Chinese Proverb   Share your thoughts, questions and support in our online Mindfulness Community.  Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more free mindfulness trainings. Share your feedback or testimonial here. Donate to support the work of Mindfulness Exercises and allow the offering of these teachings as widely as possible. Donations are gratefully and joyfully received. Wishing you safety, health, happiness and ease,  http://mindfulnessexercises.imgus11.com/public/559db4a0e82734e0f7184ada257149ab.png   Sean Fargo - Founder, Mindfulness Exercises   - Former Buddhist Monk of 2 Years - Instructor for the mindfulness program developed at Google - Mindfulness Consultant for Ernst & Young, Kaiser Permanente, Elevate, etc.         P.S. - Enhance Your Mindfulness With Our Free 100-Day Mindfulness Challenge Receive daily mindfulness meditations, worksheets and infographics to help you start each day mindful. Sign Up Free:  https://mindfulnessexercises.com/100-day-mindfulness-challenge/
    • I ALWAYS come back to my roots, @Gillian Sanger! In Ayurveda, I am dominant in Vata, which is comprised of air and space, meaning, I need to ground in order to feel more balanced.  Doing things like your pottery work, or anything that stimulates that connectedness, can bring us what we need. Enjoy your class!  Be well. Rachel
    • Hi everyone My name is Jack I am pretty new to meditation but i have noticed how much it has helped me for the past few weeks. my interests include animals and music if you would to know which music i listen to while i medidate you can go here http://bit.ly/3sroe7S. I would appreciate techniques or guides who guys use to meditate.
    • Lovely reflections as always Rachel. I am glad this question brought you relief.  For myself, I feel called to tune into the earth - just to ground myself. We talked about the root chakra recently, and I still feel a strong call and need to reconnect with this grounding element. The past couple of weeks have been a bit challenging for me; my mind is more active than usual (which is saying something because it is usually quite active 😄). Today I am going to a pottery workshop (class 6 out of 8). I have found this craft to be hugely beneficial for my state of mind. When I am working with the clay, I am not thinking about anything else. So in a sense, this is a way for me to connect with the earth.
    • @helenea - No need to apologize for rambling! That's what the forum is here for. And these are certainly challenging times. We are here to support! @Cookie - Very cool! Do you have any interest still in flying? @Feelgoodfloozie - Ah yes, how our desires change 😄 I also wanted to be a grown up when I was a child. I remember asking my parents if I could watch 'real people movies' instead of animations. 
  • Recent Topics

• Popular Contributors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.