The Watercooler

Off-topic discussion - shoot the breeze and hang out with the Mindfulness Exercises community

89 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
    • 14 replies
    • 2.1k views
    • 34 replies
    • 7.3k views
    • 0 replies
    • 59 replies
    • 10.2k views
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 6.9k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. The Mind, Explained

• 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
    • 0 replies
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts

Announcements

• Guest Nahian
      Hello, I found a new way that can help with mediation! Go check it out!! shorturl.at/flACR  
    • Guest Chandra
      Please follow below link to listen mediation Video for free   It will help remove our Anxiety and Help you with quality sleep  1) https://oke.io/TAWou 2) https://oke.io/IZqx 3) https://oke.io/j9FN  
    • Lovely to hear from you Daniel. Thank you for sharing all of this. I am very glad to hear that loving kindness practice has been of great support for you - and withdrawing from the news a bit more. I have stepped away from Instagram for half a year as a way of supporting my wellbeing and reconnecting with inner peace (easier some days than others). I long for deep, honest, open-minded conversation, something that Instagram just does not have the capacity to provide. I'm grateful for connections with new people who I can be my authentic self with and with whom to share those rich dialogues that I long for - those that truly nourish me and remind me I'm supported and connected. The weight of the world is indeed a lot to carry. I feel it, too. I am sending loving prayers your way, Daniel. 💗
    • Hi Gillian and everyone on this thread. I had been worrying and feeling burdened by the state of the planet and the blocks to progress here in the United States. I took stock and withdrew from the nightly newscasts and cable channels. I read a brief synopsis on the internet in the morning and that is it. I am "taking refuge" as advocated especially by Tara Brach. My refuge is in the Loving Kindness Meditation. To me it is a prayer and I pray it often throughout each day. My way of doing that is to address the words to "all that is".  May all that is be filled with loving kindness. May all that is be safe and protected. May all that is be protected from inner and outer harm. May all that is be healthy. May all that is be happy. May all that is live with ease. I can't really describe the sense of relief it gives me to pray this prayer. I recognize it is my way of "doing something" about all the things I care about.  I also have done my own version of RAIN. That has brought some real benefit. I have reappraised my life and relationships. I recognize now the good I did and do and where I failed/fail. I can now live  better with both. When thinking of those who can't see getting a vaccination as a service to all others on planet earth, I say the loving kindness prayer. To Mitch McConnell and those others who oppose any good plan to promote equality and care in America, I say the loving kindness prayer. This is my refuge. I have worked on forgiving those who have caused me hurt or injury. I am making progress. Letting go of anger and hurt is not easy but brings out the energy I used to use to feel those feelings. I am following Rick Hanson's guidance to  soak in the goodness I feel whenever I feel it. He encourages us to let it grow and expand and it is getting easier. That has led me to recognize and be filled with gratitude for everything good that has happened and is happening in my own life and the lives of others.  I enjoy this focus on the good. For me, it is empowering and uplifting. I only spend time with friends who feel grateful as well. I try to share positivity with all those I encounter daily in public by greeting them warmly and wishing them a good day or helping in some simple way. Every simple act seems well received and doing them helps me. At this hour of my life, I have decided that this is what I can do to make life better. Daniel
  • Popular Contributors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jmcyorkie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.